Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2011, 12:00 AM

chronic fatigue

Anyone suffer from this, I developed this in 2005 after what I thought was just the flu, and it never went away. Very hard to manage, fine line between trying to manage and over doing it, then your back to square one, very frustrating!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2011, 12:19 AM

Re: chronic fatigue

That sounds bad Jean. Have you been like this since 2005? Has your doctor done anything to help you?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2011, 12:19 AM

I had ME-like symptoms before going on the 'detox' *touch wood* it helped turn things around for me. I am actually back on it as when you begin to feel better you think you can eat everything everyone else eats... and it slowly creeps back on you.

Check it out here: http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=1369
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2011, 10:19 AM

I have a friend with ME. I understand it commonly presents after fever. She now manages hers well though we have to remind her to take time out to rest sometimes .
She belongs to an ME support group online which she finds helpful.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2011, 02:44 PM

Thanks friends, I was on a course to try help manage this, and yes my doctor is very supportive, but it can become depressing at times, especially when you feel your making progress and then bang, back to square 1. Thanks for all your comments x
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2011, 09:15 PM

You might get checked for Lyme disease. Ticks spread the ailment after feeding on deer. One of the main symptoms is chronic fatigue.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2011, 08:30 PM

I have Fibromyalgia, so yes I do suffer with it. I have learn't to manage it quite well though, if I overdo things though then I pay for it.
It can get you down but you have to learn ways of working round it and remember to listen to your body and on bad days rest.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2011, 09:21 PM

I had somthing like this back in 1993.

It got worse over the next five years resulting in me taking almost a year off work.

It got better after that although I still have a couple of bad weeks now and then.

Just read that Micheal Crawford is going back on the London stage after 5 years of suffering from ME

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...urn-stage.html
Jean
Northern ireland

08-02-2011, 08:53 AM

Thanks for all the comments..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2011, 11:47 PM

For what it's worth Jean, my missus used to be very tired and fed up during the Day, then some friend of hers told her to drink a half-pint bottle of guinness with her main meal every Day, it worked wonders for her.
If you don't like the taste of it, spare a thought for me, I have to drink 5 pints of the stuff in one sitting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top