Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 07:57 PM

Remember remember.

Surprised not to see a thread about the fireworks.
They are on full display around here, as I type.
Any bonfire parties for anyone?
My favourite place to go is here -
https://www.bridgwatercarnival.org.uk/
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 07:59 PM

Re: Remember remember.

They're going off here round about... and it's chucking down
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 08:05 PM

Going off here too , my dog has been shaking under the bed , turning into a nervous wreak.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
They're going off here round about... and it's chucking down
Oh dear, the poor kids.

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Going off here too , my dog has been shaking under the bed , turning into a nervous wreak.
Awww bless, it is the worst time for the animals.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 08:33 PM

Oh! dear Eliza.
Not very nice for a dog are fireworks nearby.

We can hear fireworks right now going off in Rhos On Sea.
We don't have a dog for them to upset though.

Only me!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 08:34 PM

I can't even get Elsie to eat her supper so forgive me for thinking bloody selfish idiots letting off fireworks !

She's medicated to hell but still in a state !

I really wish those that let them off had to sit with her when she's like this might make them think twice.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

04-11-2017, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I can't even get Elsie to eat her supper so forgive me for thinking bloody selfish idiots letting off fireworks !

She's medicated to hell but still in a state !

I really wish those that let them off had to sit with her when she's like this might make them think twice.
Medicated, the poor thing.
Sorry if I have upset you with this thread. I love fireworks, and I do understand about the poor animals.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 08:56 PM

Sorry to hear that Eliza. My dog is really good about fireworks. He used to get extremely upset as a puppy, but I would always give him lots of treats and make a fuss of him just after one went off. He seems to be totally used to it now.

We've just been for an amazing walk in the park with several displays going off in surrounding areas. He didn't bat an eyelid, growled a little when one went off right overhead. He's now lying in the garden guarding it from foxes and I can still hear them going off. At one point it did feel like a bombing raid.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 08:57 PM

The threads silent so not upset me at all, it's the world war going on all around us that's annoying me. How do people afford to chuck all that money into the air too ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Medicated, the poor thing.
Sorry if I have upset you with this thread. I love fireworks, and I do understand about the poor animals.
It's really bad for animals. I saw a terrified bird shoot across my path in the park. I guess most of what we humans do is not good for animals.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top