Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 10:06 AM

Is this genuine

Has anybody heard, or know anything about, these people -

http://www.georgeson.com/uk

I received a letter from them yesterday, hinting that they may have some money for me.
They wrote stating my first and last name correctly, but got my middle name wrong.

I immediately thought "Scam" and proceeded to shred their letter, but this morning I found the S.A.E. still on my table, and was about to bin it, when I decided to google their name instead and see if they exist. It seems they do.

I don't see how it can be me they are looking for, as they wouldn't have my middle name wrong.

The reason I hestitated was because about 5 years ago, I was contacted my an insurance company saying I was due a share of my disceased ex-husbands insurace which I knew nothing about. But that time I was contacted directly by the insurers themselves, and it turned out to be genuine.

The above company seem to be some sort of 'middle man,' and when I read their page I noticed there was a 'service charge' mentioned. Should I dump the envelope and forget about it?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 10:11 AM

Re: Is this genuine

Morning Mups

read this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=201854
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 10:12 AM

I think I might make contact either by phone call or email only , don't agree to anything . I'm wondering if they are like a company on TV that I used to watch called heir hunters , they would search for relatives when someone had died intestate . Get as much info as you can then maybe citizens advice may help . Your right to be careful

P.s. I hope you get a nice amount of money if this is genuine . Good luck
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 10:16 AM

Sorry admin. I inadvertently linked to another forum so if it is removed:

It appears that it could be genuine, possibly shares from Bradford and Bingley or similar. If this is the case, you should be able to claim directly and avoid the charge.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 10:22 AM

Be VERY careful about that service charge bit. Many scammers ask to be paid in advance and then you never hear from them again.
Suggestion, if you do contact them, do not give them any new info, then if they are still offering money, tell them to subtract the "service charge" from your funds that they have for you.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 10:31 AM

inheritance hunters as see on TV. May be genuine but as the saying of mine goes "if in doubt throw it out"
If you make any sort of contact they have you interest and will chase you for ever more

We have a company keeps ringing as asking for someone called "Jacques", this has been going on for 3 years. Found out it was an insurance company with agents working to earn a bit of cash. Each phone call was a different agent.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 10:47 AM

I agree with Bakerman . WHO ? What? Where ? When ? Why? And offer nothing, I got a call and they Tried and Tried to get me to say "YES" they edit the recording , and Bill you for services and goods. Be Careful.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Be VERY careful about that service charge bit. Many scammers ask to be paid in advance and then you never hear from them again.
Suggestion, if you do contact them, do not give them any new info, then if they are still offering money, tell them to subtract the "service charge" from your funds that they have for you.
I won the Lottery somewhere in Africa and still haven't got My MONEY , Might be because they wanted $5000.00 to send it to me, and I told them " If Ya got my phone Number then you got my address so send me MY MONEY less the $5000.00. Man these scammer's think everyone is STUPID. I've never been to Africa to boot.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->

Yes, that is what I would have don too, but thank you for your suggestions Bakerman.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

03-11-2017, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Morning Mups

read this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=201854

Thankyou dongle. I don't know whether to even reply now because the middle name they used for me was wrong.
They had got me down as 'Louise' and my middle name is Linda, so it's probably not me even.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top