Join for free
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2011, 11:59 PM

Scars!!! How many???

YIKES

But do you have any scars? (hopefully nowt too serious)

If so, can you remember how many, and how you got them!

Rainbow x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2011, 12:11 AM

Re: Scars!!! How many???

I have two scars ...... one on the side of my knee 1.5cms long where I fell down as a youngster and managed to get a piece of glass stuck in it.

The second one is more recent, a 6cm scar on my arm where I had a mole removed last year.

Do you have any, Rainbow?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2011, 12:12 AM

I have one on my right wrist. When I was about 7 one of those old push-up windows fell down on my arm while I was looking out, it needed a skin graft and it measures exactly 1 inch by 1/4 inch. the skin was taken from my backside, by the way.
SuzyQ
London, Ontario, Canada
SuzyQ is female 

31-01-2011, 02:50 AM

Internal scars, too many to count, but that's because I was stupid enough to get married and divorced twice!

External scars are on my right arm because I had several surgeris on my right arm when I was a child due to osteomylitis. I don't think I have any other scars.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2011, 09:45 AM

Five surgical scars, one on each hip and one on each knee approximately 1 ft (yes 1 Foot!!!) long, where I've had joint replacements and one across my lower abdomen approximately 6" long.

Have a scar on my wrist from a knife wound too - about 2" long.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2011, 11:02 AM

Several large scars on my legs from a variety of childhood accidents. The worst is a three inch scar across my shin where I ran at full speed into a foot high metal rail - very painful!

Quite a few dog bite scars on my hands and arms - mostly from aggressive/traumatised rescue dogs. The worst ones are a scar right round one of my left fingers where a brain-damaged dog bit it off at the first joint with no warning (huge thanks to Chelsea & Westminster Plastic Surgery Unit for sewing it back on - and I can still play guitar!), and a scar right round my right arm received when I was separating a crazed Akita from its Husky victim - I had tried all the traditional methods and the only way of saving the Siberian's life was to get in there and wrestle the sibe away from the Akita.

A nice scar down the bridge of my nose caused when I "wiped out" on a ski slope and headbutted the matting at speed.

Good job I was never good looking to start with!!!!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2011, 12:07 PM

I have seven scars
1 just above right eyebrow where a piece of eggshell flew out of the fire when I was a toddler.
1 top of right leg/thigh - approx. 2" long, where I fell on gravel - the gravel still shows under the skin after 50+ years.
1 left leg - fall from a tree when a teenager
3 from gall bladder surgery
1 x 8" scar from hysterectomy.
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2011, 12:10 PM

Several: Mostly on back.
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2011, 01:37 PM

Just the usual scars from this or that long forgotten, except for the one on my big toe. My then 6 year old was trying on ice skates in the livingroom (as it had a rug) and as he started to fall, he stepped out and I stepped in to catch and well... for an big room, our feet both wanted the same spot. Rub was a patterned burgandy which proved to be a good choice.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top