Join for free
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 08:46 PM

Fragile!!!

Do you get parcels in the post that are damaged?

I have received one, early presents in it & though fragile stickers are all over it, still it arrived with damaged goods inside. I opened it because the box was battered & partly open. Nothing valuable was damaged, but that isn't the point, I can't tell the person who sent it as they would get upset & it isn't the first parcel I've received from this person that had damaged items inside it. They are packed up alright too, though not bubble wrapped.
Is it that particular area (Leeds) or are other parcel people just as careless with parcels that say fragile?
It really annoys me even though the items are only worth a few pence.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 08:57 PM

Re: Fragile!!!

I once received a Parcel from China , what was inside was bent and beyond serviceable ,it clearly hadnt enough packing round to stop the damage .
I gave the seller a honest review , to which they said if i sent it back they would replace it . I decided to take the loss because i thought it would be the same again .

Ive seen on tv programmes how Parcels are thrown about , so its down to the sender to pack it with plenty of bubble wrap and the like to keep it safe .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 08:59 PM

Problem is Eliza, I can't tell him, he is a bit 'special' & would be very upset about it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 09:04 PM

I received some plants last week.
Really well packed, straw all packed around the pots, well taped up, 'Fragile' labels on, 'This Way Up' and 'Live Plants' written on the strong box.

The box was left in my porch as instracted, but it was turned the wrong way up! Lots of soil had spilled out, two of the plants had slid out the pot and got tangled with each other bending the main stems over.

They are/were good strong plants luckily, and I am sure I can get them well again, but it is so annoying when the nurseries had packed them to their best ability and then they are still tossed about by the couriers.

Ages ago, I was not in when a parcel arrived so the Yodel imbecile threw it over my side gate (6ft high), without having a clue what was the other side of the gate, or whether the parcel contained breakable goods!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 09:27 PM

If you receive a damaged package, be sure to photograph it before opening. Then photograph the item/s inside before making a complaint, sending the sender a copy of the said photos. It strengthens your complaint.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 08:52 AM

A glass and crystal chandelier didn't exactly survive the journey, but seeing how it was chucked down on my door step I can see why. Seller was furious but lovely and we decided on a half refund if I could use the parts to make one myself, which I did.

I also had a pair of trainers stank so badly of smoke, parcel had been in a container in a building that had caught on fire. The seller refunded me and I sent them back so he could get a refund from the carrier.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

31-10-2017, 01:02 PM

I am glad it wasn't only me who gets damaged parcels.
If the goods are valuable & needed & I had sent them, then I would try & get compensation, but it's the sender who has to do that & in this case I can't. He sent me a lovely small cut glass vase last year & it was bubble wrapped carefully, so he can pack items well, but that was in pieces. He'd put it on the bottom of the box. I nearly cut my fingers on it & didn't completely unpack it in the end, I just wrapped it a bit better & put it in the rubbish bin. I just wish the people in the parcel sorting office were more careful.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top