Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 03:26 PM

Tipping.

Normally I would have tipped the coach driver who took us on our weekend in Blackpool.
Unfortunately all I had was a £20 note - not even any pound coins so he didn't get a tip.

It was ok really - he didn't look as though he expected one but I felt so guilty.

Do you trip - and who?
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 04:02 PM

Re: Tipping.

Hi Carol

I always tip hotel cleaners, whether it be in the UK or abroad. I always appreciate someone cleaning up after me each day. Alright I don't make a mess but it is a thankless job nonetheless.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 04:17 PM

I remember when in Egypt the tour guide who had shown us the sites made a public suggestion that we should all give him a minimum of £20 tip for his services . I did as I felt he'd worked hard , not sure who else did but with hindsite think he was cheeky . I will tip if I've had good service . But I don't feel guilty if I don't .
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 04:43 PM

No, I dont tip anyone anymore. When I used to visit the USA it was considered almost obligatory to tip.

I remember once we went for a meal in San Francisco and it was dire, so we decided not to tip and left after our meal. When we were on the street a member of staff came running out shouting at the couple in front of us that they had left without tipping. We just hurried on past...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 04:57 PM

I've never really tipped, I don't go places anyone earns less than me, so I sort of feel they are paid to do their job just like I am. I have been tipped in the past but it didn't feel right to me.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 05:25 PM

In a restaurant, assuming the food and the service is good, I usually tip 10%.

A friend of ours, however, makes a point of never tipping; not even a single penny.

He is, after all, a true Yorkshireman.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 05:44 PM

Only if I get good service.
Ordered a pizza delivery on Saturday night. Gave instructions how to find me. Got phone call from delivery driver, I cannot find you. Told him how to find me. 5 minutes later another call I cannot find you. Explained again and went to front door. In the end I had to walk up the path and out onto the road and even then the idiot nearly drove past me despite the fact I was waving. No Tip.
I order lots of things from internet and also pizzas, Indian, Chinese meals but that was the first time had problem.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 07:40 PM

We always leave a tip for the waiter in restaurants and hotels, to coach drivers, tour guides and hotel room cleaners for satisfactory service.
I also tip my hairdresser and taxi drivers.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 07:42 PM

packed in tipping when they brought in the service charge,witch I refuse to pay
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 08:05 PM

I tip taxi drivers as I have used them a bit since my various illnesses and have found them to be pretty helpful.

Normally 10-15%.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top