Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 01:53 PM

Is It Unfeminine For A Women To Drink Beer Out Of A Pint Glass?

I read this ......
A study, conducted by YouGov for Friends of Glass, showed the humble pint glass could be part of the reason why women are put off drinking beer today. 47% of women think that a woman drinking from a pint glass can be seen as unfeminine and the majority (43%) would choose to drink beer from a continental lager glass when given a list of glassware options.

I don’t drink beer but if l did, l could not be seen drinking from a pint glass..... To me, it’s another bad look, that l would associate with Ladettes!

What do you think? Do you think it’s unfeminine for women to drink beer in pint glasses?

To the ladies, do you drink pints? To the men, would you mind if your lady drank pints?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 01:54 PM

Re: Is It Unfeminine For A Women To Drink Beer Out Of A Pint Glass?

If I'm thirsty, I'll drink a pint from a pint glass. It doesn't make economic sense to have two half pints!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 01:57 PM

I can't see the problem other than a pint of anything is too much for me

I use pint glasses at home, saves keep refilling but that's with orange squash not beer.

What is unfeminine is getting drunk as a skunk in public that's not a feminine look at all nor is it particularly macho for a man. Just stupidity IMO
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 01:57 PM

I had a friend that used to drink larger from a pint glass.
I think it is very unladylike. I would most likely drop the glass, being clumsy.
I don't like beer or larger anyway.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What do you think? Do you think it’s unfeminine for women to drink beer in pint glasses?
It's just not elegant .....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 02:14 PM

Here's my Mum with a pint at the local carvery, she asked for a shandy but they brought her a pint instead of a half so she drank it out of pure fun and devilment...

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 02:15 PM

I don't drink beer, can't stand the smell never mind the taste and I couldn't drink a pint of anything, my tummy just couldn't take that much fluid in a short time .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Here's my Mum with a pint at the local carvery, she asked for a shandy but they brought her a pint instead of a half so she drank it out of pure fun and devilment...
You look like your Mum Barry she did well drinking a pint
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
You look like your Mum Barry she did well drinking a pint
Not sure she finished it Meg, just a little bravado early on...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

30-10-2017, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Not sure she finished it Meg, just a little bravado early on...
I wouldn't even try it Barry, I clearly have a very small bladder

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top