Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2011, 11:05 PM

Fancy Dress Parties?

Anyone ever been to a Fancy Dress Party or similar?

What did you go as? Did you hire the costume or make it!!

Rainbow
telmar
yorkshire uk
telmar is female  telmar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2011, 11:11 PM

Re: Fancy Dress Parties?

A few years ago a coachload of us went from Yorkshire all the way up to Fort William for a Halloween weekend. All the women made their own costumes and because I painted my face green and blacked out some of my teeth - I won first prize. One of our friends came into the room, went straight to my husband and said "I should get your missus straight to the dentist when you get home" (and I thought I was unrecognisable!!!)
MrsTT
New Member!
Aberystwyth
MrsTT is female 

30-01-2011, 11:16 PM

our family went to a circus theme party last year, my husband was a knife thrower I was the assistant complete with fake knife & blood etc. and my young son was ring master. We won!! what a suprise, trophey is a colourful clown. Great fun! We will be dressing up this year but judges so won't be allowed to enter, the Hollywood film theme will be hard one to judge.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2011, 11:28 PM

Telmar, Should imagine you were not sure whether to be delighted to win the contest or sick as a parrot for actually being recognisable!!!

MrsTT - Hope you checked that fake knife before allowing your Hubby to throw it at you? (I know I would have)!

Rainbow x
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2011, 11:30 PM

Never been to one .......
Rainbow
Surrey UK

30-01-2011, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Never been to one .......

Never mind, at least you did not have to travel back and forth to the Event like a Sugar Plum Fairy or Bob the Builder!!

Rainbow x
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

31-01-2011, 06:50 PM

A Male chum of mine went to a Fancy Dress Party wearing his old Jeans n T Shirt with Sanitary Towels and Tampax pinned onto them ............... When asked what he had come as he replied " Period Costume ."

dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2011, 06:59 PM

Topaz-ROFLMAO!!!!!
The last one I went to I dressed as one of those riders on black horses (minus horse) in Lord of the Rings.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

31-01-2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by dragon ->
Topaz-ROFLMAO!!!!!
The last one I went to I dressed as one of those riders on black horses (minus horse) in Lord of the Rings.

LOL

Nice one
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2011, 07:16 PM

Ringwraith....... Knew I'd remember it sooner then later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top