Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 11:40 AM

new shoes

trying on a new pair of shoes this morning an a job to get used to having no "give" in them. Why can't manufactures make them ready to wear .

My even go back to me walking boots, always comfortable from the outset.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 11:46 AM

Re: new shoes

Stick four inch heels on and you'll know pain ...real pain.

Anyone else noticed one shoe/boot/sandal always fits better than the other one?

Or is one foot slightly bigger than it's twin?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 11:51 AM

realspeed, Just wear wellies!

Mine are so comfy, l could wear them all the time! Not a good look going shopping in them, though!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 11:53 AM

But exceedingly good if you have to wade through localised flooding.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
realspeed, Just wear wellies!

Mine are so comfy, l could wear them all the time! Not a good look going shopping in them, though!
Puss in boots comes rapidly in mind
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
More like.........Country Bumpkin!!!
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 12:17 PM

Only if they are green.
Realspeed have you tried Hotter shoes. Best if you have one of their shops nearby to try them on with advice from their very helpful staff. Maybe you need a wider fitting. They also do refunds if the shoe turns out to be unsuitable.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
The name of a local pub.

Affectionately known as The T**t In Docs
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 01:41 PM

I've found a pair of shoes in Pavers that are the softest leather and fit me like a glove. I was so impressed I bought two pairs. That takes care of general walking, shopping etc.

High heels & dressy shoes are a nightmare for me. I generally have to wear what fits - not what I like.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

30-10-2017, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Newcomer ->
Only if they are green.
Realspeed have you tried Hotter shoes. Best if you have one of their shops nearby to try them on with advice from their very helpful staff. Maybe you need a wider fitting. They also do refunds if the shoe turns out to be unsuitable.

Their shops locally are Eastbourne or Worthing , problem is parking charges in each place are sky high and just not worth the cost and effort

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top