Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 05:28 PM

Do you have an electric blanket?

I do and couldn't imagine doing without it. My bedroom faces North and is always the coldest room in the house as it's quite large also.

I switch on my electric blanket half an hour before going to bed so I'm nice and toasty when I retire.

Sometimes, if it's really cold outside I keep it on the minimum 1 setting throughout the night.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 05:30 PM

Re: Do you have an electric blanket?

Yep, I do. Annoyingly, though, I sometimes get a hot flush just as I'm about to get into the now warmed up bed! Arghhh. Terrible timing.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 05:35 PM

Hi

No, my house has a computer controlled heat pump, which I can set for each room.

The littlies have got me a snuggle blanket, which is as warm as toast.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 05:41 PM

Yes, we have a double electric blanket so that we can turn on/off/set different temperatures for each side of the bed.

Marge doesn't have hers on at all because, due to hormones (you know, those things that women have), she is too hot to sleep. I have mine on, of course, because I'm a cold-hearted bastard.

One thing, though: I always turn it off before getting into bed just to be on the safe side, because I don't want to be electrocuted in my sleep as I might wake up dead.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 05:44 PM

have one,but don't use it,i get so hot in bed,,,and I always have to have my feet out from under the quilt to keep them cool
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 05:48 PM

No, I dont as I once had one short out and the bed caught fire. The mattress ended up out of the window onto the front lawn. I now make do with hot water bottle(s), two in the winter and bedsocks.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
No, I dont as I once had one short out and the bed caught fire. The mattress ended up out of the window onto the front lawn. I now make do with hot water bottle(s), two in the winter and bedsocks.
I always take the plug out of the blanket, and also the power plug, before getting into bed at night. I'm very fire conscious.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 06:37 PM

No hate the things better to get into a cold bed and warm up than a hot bed and cool down

I like my bedroom cold too with a gale blowing through it .
My dog has a bed in the corner and a wooly bed jacket for very cold nights.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 06:38 PM

Jazzi, it was an underblanket which I had put on about an hour before bedtime. I would never sleep with an electric blanket on.

Meg, I too have a window open and never have heating on in the bedroom. My dog sleeps in her bed in the sittingroom, no heating. I dont like dogs in the bedroom. When I lived in a house (not a bungalow) my dogs were never allowed upstairs at all. My old Lab always slept in the utility room with the door closed.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 07:39 PM

I used to use one when I slept in the back bedroom coz it's bloody cold in there but since moving to the front bedroom, although there's one on the bed, I don't need to use it

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top