Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 07:04 PM

Would you move house?

Hi

Apart from my pretend grandkids, I have no ties here.

I have long wanted to end my days by the sea.

House prices being what they are, options are somewhat limited.

I have also to take into account aging, when I will no longer be able to drive, so a town with a railway station will be essential.

The beach must be within walking distance and easy access.

Dad retired to Hornsea, but that was a bit out on a limb, lovely in Summer, but not in Winter, when he became ill, he moved to Doncaster.

I have been looking at various places, North Somerset being one, however I like a vibrant place, with culture.

I quite like Neath and Swansea, brilliant beaches, cheap housing and a lot going on.

I could park or take a Taxi right next to the beach, and the fishing is great.

You can park right next to the sea, a 10 yard walk to fish off the sea wall and stunning views.

It is a long way away and it would mean making completely new friends.

It is a big decision.

Would you go for it?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 07:23 PM

Re: Would you move house?

Sure go for it Swim so long as it is financially sound for you.
Change can be good.

Before choosing I would go and stay in that place for a week or two, hotel or B&B and get a real feel for it on every day of the week.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 07:34 PM

No good even considering Bournemouth Swimmy - It's very expensive.
I agree with Realist, go and stay first.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 08:00 PM

I'd give Blackpool a miss!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 08:04 PM

Try it first but it's a great idea .
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 08:13 PM

I live a bit further along from neath,and as you seen from my pics,a lovely beach,,,,google it,look around.oh its near pembrey
Suehebbs
Athens Greece
Suehebbs is female 

28-10-2017, 08:21 PM

If this is something you really want to do, be very careful and do as others have said, go look, research and try not to look through rose tinted glasses. The seaside is beautiful but winter's and high winds can be a problem. Good luck.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 08:25 PM

Give Rhyl a very wide berth.

I moved house from over 300 miles away, 15 years ago. Made a promise that I would NEVER do it again.
It's easy if you have sold your property and the property you like or can afford comes on the market, waiting for you. Otherwise there's a nervous breakdown waiting to happen.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 08:34 PM

The seaside is a lonely place, when all the tourists have gone home, I would imagine it would be quite easy to get Sea Sick.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 08:55 PM

Come down to Bexhill on sea

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top