Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 09:07 AM

Reminder - British Summer Time ends.

British Summer Time ends tonight as we put clocks back 1 hour and we get that blissful one hour extra in bed

The downfall is we will now have to put up with dark evenings until March next year.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 10:58 AM

Re: Reminder - British Summer Time ends.

Thank goodness for another hour in bed!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 12:14 PM

Bloomin eck.....I think I must have slept through the summer.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
British Summer Time ends tonight as we put clocks back 1 hour and we get that blissful one hour extra in bed

The downfall is we will now have to put up with dark evenings until March next year.
Mags, l wonder how many of us take advantage of that extra hour, when our body clocks are still tuned into the old time? Our animals, still want feeding at their usual time, so bang goes that blissful extra hour!!

I find these days that the time between October and March seems to fly by!
I think a lot depends on how bad the weather is over the Winter. If it is really bad, the time seems to drag as we are stuck in and sometimes end up getting ‘cabin fever’!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 01:00 PM

Then again, there are those (night shift workers, Nurses, etc. in Business, or elsewhere) who have to do an extra hour!

We should leap out of bed, and salute them, at 2 am!

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Then again, there are those (night shift workers, Nurses, etc. in Business, or elsewhere) who have to do an extra hour!

We should leap out of bed, and salute them, at 2 am!

After you, Ted.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 01:10 PM

I don't mind the dark nights
And cosy nights-in are great...

But I DESPISE the dark mornings

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Bloomin eck.....I think I must have slept through the summer.
I was going to say... My brother told me that British Summer Time didn't happen this year.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 02:15 PM

I don't mind the dark mornings; there's something comforting to me about getting up and eating breakfast before the sun rises.

At the other end of the spectrum I hate those nights in Summer when I can't sleep and it's getting light at 3 to 4am.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 02:22 PM

Means I get to eat breakfast an hour earlier - Hmmmm could have a nice fry-up breakfast too!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top