Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 08:37 PM

3D photographs

Another OFF member (who shall remain nameless in order that no blame be attributed to him!) has suggested that I post some 3D photographs.

I hope that you can see them properly. No special viewing aids are necessary; just cross your eyes (the right eye image is on the left and the left eye image on the right!) so that three images appear in a row, then concentrate on the middle one!

It's easy when you get used to it. Honest!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Canterbury Nave.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	4350   Click image for larger version

Name:	Canterbury Choir.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	4351   Click image for larger version

Name:	Canterbury Sanctuary.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	4352  
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 08:43 PM

Re: 3D photographs

Blimey mate, that was hard going
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Blimey mate, that was hard going
Easy with a bit of practice.

Don't have the pictures too close to your eyes!
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 08:49 PM

My eyes are still crossed
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 09:41 PM

I saw them in 3D although I struggled a bit because the pics are a bit to big or perhaps a bit too far apart. It's easier stepping away from the screen a few feet.

Did you take these yourself JBR?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-10-2017, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I saw them in 3D although I struggled a bit because the pics are a bit to big or perhaps a bit too far apart. It's easier stepping away from the screen a few feet.

Did you take these yourself JBR?
Yes. People think that crossing your eyes is unnatural and difficult, yet we do exactly that when we hold something close to our eyes when, for example, we need to look at something closely to see fine detail.

The answer if you find it difficult is, as you have said, to move back from the screen. A few feet is pushing it, though, unless you have a 55" screen!

Yes, I took them. There's nothing clever about it though. You take one picture, move a few inches to the left, then take another. The important thing is to ensure your camera is centred on the same point each time.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 11:57 PM

Tried & tried but I can't do it. Yet I see those Magic eye pictures easily.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-10-2017, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Tried & tried but I can't do it. Yet I see those Magic eye pictures easily.
Try this. Hold your finger up a few inches in front of your eyes and focus on the end of it. Then look beyond at the pair of pictures. Try moving your finger nearer or further away to help get it right.

I believe that it is possible to buy viewing optics for such photos, like the ones that the Edwardians used to use! Of course, using them it would be necessary to swap the photos side to side.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes. People think that crossing your eyes is unnatural and difficult, yet we do exactly that when we hold something close to our eyes when, for example, we need to look at something closely to see fine detail.

The answer if you find it difficult is, as you have said, to move back from the screen. A few feet is pushing it, though, unless you have a 55" screen!

Yes, I took them. There's nothing clever about it though. You take one picture, move a few inches to the left, then take another. The important thing is to ensure your camera is centred on the same point each time.
Ah, I was using the wrong method. I was using the staring past the image method. The cross eyed method was much easier. I'm impressed with those will have to try myself.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-10-2017, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ah, I was using the wrong method. I was using the staring past the image method. The cross eyed method was much easier. I'm impressed with those will have to try myself.
Thanks Longdong. Taking the pictures is really easy too. The only important thing is to make sure both are centred in the same place, although as most cameras have some sort of mark in the centre, all that is necessary is to remember the area or item that was centred on.

Oh, and try to keep the camera upright for both.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top