Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 06:21 PM

Errmm Did anybody else hear that?

Ive just come on after quickly switching off the film Poltergeist. It wasn't the end but had got to a point where the tension was just getting too much for me plus there seemed to be lots of strange noises while I was watching.
My brother in law is a 6' 12" man mountain who's more than able to look after himself, freely admitted to me that he won't watch scary movies as he starts to imagine things that make him feel uncomfortable.
My ex wife Karen, like me always sleeps with the radio on to distract herself from strange noises that prey on the mind.
Do you ever get the heebie jeebies in the late night early mornings when you are alone, and what do you do.
Its ok for you who have partners to hold your hand or do you both creep out of bed together to investigate.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 06:27 PM

Re: Errmm Did anybody else hear that?

I've watched the Poltergeist MC, I really enjoyed it, I like scary films.
Another one I liked was 'Carrie', also 'Damien'.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 06:30 PM

Sometimes if I let my mind wander I might get a bit spooked in the early hours. I only have to imagine someone or something watching me to start it off. I'm ok if I don't think about it though.

Mrs LDs says she would be quite happy to see a ghostie in the house and that it wouldn't bother her. Me, I would be out of the house and in the car in seconds.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 06:31 PM

Oh no I hate them , I never watch anything scarey .........I live on my own
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I've watched the Poltergeist MC, I really enjoyed it, I like scary films.
Another one I liked was 'Carrie', also 'Damien'.
Me too I love them.
It's only acting after all.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Me too I love them.
It's only acting after all.
Hopefully.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hopefully.

Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 07:07 PM

I don't like watching scary stuff too near bedtime.
If I get the heebie jeebies during the night - usually because I've woken up suddenly or heard a noise I can't explain - the first thing I do is switch the light on and make some noise, in the hope of giving any intruder time to escape before I get up to investigate.

Even if I don't hear another sound after waiting a while, I always have to get up and go to check all the outer doors are locked etc. before I can settle down again. I switch all the lights on and check each room as I go through the house.
One of the things I notice in scary films is that people never seem to put the lights on - would you creep through your own house in the dark and risk an intruder hovering in the shadows behind you?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 08:25 PM

I never get spooked by scary movies because I don't believe in Ghosts. Everything that goes 'Bump in the night' can be explained and just because I might not be able to explain them all doesn't mean that they are supernatural. I never ponder on such noises to let them fester in my head, you will drive yourself to distraction if you do.

I don't like watching violent films though, I think about them for ages after......Violence is man made and can be very frightening when you think about what one human can do to another....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 08:57 PM

Oh I love scary movies.
I also love just sitting quietly in the dark in the middle of the night ... you can hear nothing, there is nothing, only your own heartbeat .. the world is silent or at least humanity is .. if you sit quite still you might sense and hear other things. An atmosphere. Until everything starts to breathe again and another day dawns and slowly stirs into life after it's little death.

Or Mr M farts and destroys the mood.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top