Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 02:55 PM

Are European Countries losing their Identity?

Hi everyone, just sitting here thinking about two of my brother's visits to other European countries in the last months and their comments re the visits.

I was a little apprehensive about writing this topic as I feel sure I am in danger of offending at least one person out there. All I can do is apologise in advance if I do. (One walks on eggshells nowadays).

My brother and SIL had been looking forward to returning to Southern Ireland after many years. Having Irish parents, all our relatives live in Eire and when younger, we used to go once a year every year, stay at the local Hotel (there were usually about a dozen of us) and have a great get-together with dozens of relatives, drinking Guinness in the local pub, tapping our feet away whilst listening to Ceilidh Bands, watching Irish Dancing, enjoying a great Irish breakfast and equally delicious Bacon, Cabbage, Potato meal that only the Irish know how to cook properly. It was lovely to hear the local Irish dialect in the pubs, hotels and restaurants.

Anyway My brother and SIL booked a Coach trip to visit Dublin, staying at a hotel with a Show thrown in for the price. They had such wonderful memories of the great times they spent there and were really looking forward to a repeat of experiencing the music, the wicked humour that only the Irish know and hospitality they had always experienced when they visited (albeit a few years ago).

What a disappointment they had. They said they really tried their best to enjoy the weekend but it was so dull. The Hotel was nice enough but there was not one single Irish person working there! Every single staff member was Eastern European. Very nice, polite and couldn't have been more helpful, but not what they had been expecting. They just yearned to hear one Irish voice!!! They went shopping and every shop assistant was Eastern European. Every pub they visited (briefly) was staffed by Eastern Europeans, (including the traditional ones recommending a visit, in the brochure). No local Cilidh Band, no Irish laughter from behind the bar, no atmosphere. Certainly not the Southern Ireland as they remembered it.
They confessed theywere so disappointed, not because of the Eastern Europeans, they were very nice, very polite, but simply because the country and the city were no longer, in their words, Irish! They said that would be their last visit.

The same with my other brother. He visited Munich with his fiancé last week. He has visited Germany many times over the years and loves the country and its traditions. But he told me that every single person in the Hotel, shops, cafes, taxis and train station were Turkish! Again, very nice, very polite and helpful, but he said that not once was he able to converse with a German citizen so he could practice the language. They too said they would not be bothering to go back.

When I heard this from both, I couldn’t help but think, are they wrong to think such thoughts? Or are they right and countries are indeed losing their cherished identities and traditions. That sounds terribly racist doesn’t it? I don’t mean it to. But there must be something to it if they both noticed the huge change that has taken place in just two of the European countries that have always been known for LOCAL hospitality and tradition.

What do you think? Have you re-visited a country that you have fond memories of its people and their wonderful way of life? only to witness such a monumental change.
Both said that it was as though the local population had completely vanished from sight!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 03:17 PM

Re: Are European Countries losing their Identity?

I've never left this country myself but I've long worried about our towns becoming clones of each other so that doesn't really surprise me shroppie.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 07:18 PM

SG, I think your brother and SIL might have been better going further down south than going to Dublin to find what they were hoping for.
I found Dublin very cosmopolitan in comparison to somewhere like West Cork, where it is more countryish and still full of the locals.
I’d imagine a lot of the Dubliners are over here, or in other countries like Australia and America?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 08:23 PM

London is one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the world. In 2007 there were over 300 languages spoken in it and more than 50 non-indigenous communities with a population of more than 10,000.

At the 2011 census London had a population of 8,173,941. Of this number, only 44.9% were White British. 37% of the population were born outside the UK, including 24.5% born outside of Europe.

As an example of ethnicity outside London, Blackburn is 69.1% White, 28.1% Asian and 2.8% Other, according to the 2011 census.

There's no need to go abroad to see an ethnic shift .....
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 09:17 AM

IN answer to the OP - yes, without a doubt.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 09:22 AM

Isn’t this all about change, evolution, progress even and that things can’t stay the same forever?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 09:26 AM

It's bound to happen, soon all those countries will be states of the European Union.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Isn’t this all about change, evolution, progress even and that things can’t stay the same forever?
Nope

It's the aim of the EU to essentially "neuter" the populations of each member state. To expunge them of all notions of nationality, culture, tradition, national pride, the sense of belonging to a country, the rich history of that country.

The EU megalomaniacs consider themselves the master race, above the law and seek to bring under total and irreversible control all of the other European nations. Where have we seen that kind of philosophy before ?!!!

They are engaged in the brainwashing and social conditioning of young people of varying ages, right through to university, such that those people instantly identify and label "non EU supporting" people as racists and lesser people.

It is subversion on a massive scale and it IS a "clear and present danger" to this country and indeed to every individual country.

No country or nation, imo, should be eradicated or assimilated or neutered or destroyed. What makes Europe, and indeed the wider world, so very great is that rich tapestry of diverse cultures, traditions and values.

Who could fail to admire the beauty of Japanese and Chinese art, clothing and traditions?

Who could fail to admire the beauty of Croatia ?

The determination of the Innuits

The sense of adventure of the Swedes, Nords, Danes and Fins

Can we really envisage a world where in effect every beautiful species of butterfly is eradicated and replaced with just a single dull grey moth ?

That is what the EU (and presumably wider global powers) seek to do.

They seek to eradicte from your psyche the notion that you are British, to eradicate the pride we have in being British, to eradicate the long and painful history of conflicts we have endured to secure the freedoms we have, to eradicate our customs and traditions.

They want you to consider yourselves nothing but a European.

This is a travesty for people of ALL nations and cultures.

It is being perpetrated purely for domination. To establish total rule, ruthless control, an Orwellian totalitarian federal states of Europe, which once established, will never, ever be able to be challenged and undone.

Cultures are being destroyed. They are working from within, by stealth, to undermine YOUR country, YOUR countrymen and women, YOUR children.

They have already successfully duped a huge portion of the youth who walk around saying "I'm a Eurpoean, I am not British".

These kids have no idea what they are walking into. No idea that they will be slaves for the duration of their lives. They are inexperienced and have absolutely no concept of the suffering, death and sheer slaughter that was endured by our grandparents in order to secure the freedoms they currently take for granted.

We owe it to them to do our utmost to protect them from that totalitarian end game, whether they see it or not. Just as we would protect our young children from being run over on the road by teaching them how to cross, being firm with them and so on.

We must never forget who we are, where we came from. Never allow anyone to suggest that you are not British or that being British is in some way bad or inferior. It's a lie. A lie perpetuated for a single reason,

to neuter society into ruthless compliance.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 10:16 AM

Hi

The UK is fairly unusual in the way we do things.

We do not fly our national flag for example, national flags are all over the place in other countries.

We have been PC'ed out of our national identity.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 10:33 AM

Yep, but we can take that national identity back. We can restore it. Once enough people stand up to be counted, once enough parents teach their children properly and truthfully about the history of the country.

We have values and they are important. We must protect those values.

We have taken them for granted too long and as a result they are being usurped by EU corruption.

A key example:

We take for granted the notion of "Innocent until proved guilty"

Indeed, most people, if they were arrested, would quickly state that they were innocent (assuming they were) and that the authorities MUST prove their guilt or release them.

We take this for granted, totally. It is known as Habeus Corpus. Look it up. It is a fundamental aspect of our freedom and justice.

Yet the EU has brought in a completely different value. An Orwellian totalitarian value.

The EU implements Corpus Juris

Again DO look this up.

Under Corpus Juris the EU CAN simply arrest you, detain you, imprison you without a shred of evidence, and once done, it is then UP TO YOU to prove YOUR INNOCENCE.

It's kinda hard to provce your case when you are locked away isn't it?!!

As mad and unbelievable as this seems, it IS the case.

Be under no allusions. The EU is on the verge of being a totalitarian state imho. We HAVE to get out now before it is too late.

Our core values, our values for freedom, fairness, justice are all at risk and will be eradicated should we stay in the EU.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top