Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 11:41 PM

Not a good night.

I didn't have a good day yesterday for various emotional reasons, so when I went to bed I just wanted to sleep till morning undisturbed. It wasn't to be.

I was woken about 1.30 by one hand itching like mad.
You know what it's like when you're still half asleep, I wasn't awake enough to know what was the matter, so in between scratching and sleeping I carried on.

Then about 3 a.m. I was woken again. This time by my left arm itching like jiminy as well.
I got up and went to the loo, and it was then I noticed a red bump on my hand, and another on my arm which had been sticking out the duvet.
Then the penny dropped I had been bitten in bed.
I put some tea tree oil on both bites and went back to bed.

Just as I was nodding off I heard a high pitched whining/zooming sound and it was really close by.
The little blighter was still there and was dive-bombing me.

I stuck my head under the duvet quickly, and could hear it right next to my face.
Now sometimes I react quite badly to insect bites and have to have antibiotics, so I daren't just ignore it.

Up I gets again! So very tired by this time.
After leaping about on the bed trying to reach the ceiling with my swatter, I saw it zoom down and it was creeping along the top of the duvet, right where my neck had been a few minutes earlier.

I took great delight in murdering the little swine, and finally was able to sleep blissfully for what was left of the night!

Does anyone else get bothered by these devious little gnat/mosquito things at night? I suppose it is because I have my windows open a little.

Just waiting for my bites to calm down now!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 12:10 AM

Re: Not a good night.

Horrid things. They like my blood & I am allergic too. I hope you don't need treatment
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 04:12 AM

Welcome to my world Mups, here I am at 4 in the morning not able to sleep it's not pleasant and I can't even blame it on a mosquito

Glad you sorted your little visitor they tend to ignore me no idea why.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 04:19 AM

Ditto.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
Ditto.
Not good is it Fogey off to try again. I will think nice thoughts and hope for pleasant dreams, either that or a fight with the pillow... Night
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 05:18 AM

Mups, I have so many moquitos, I am thinking about hanging mosquito netting over the beds.

I am unsure of the common antihistimines there, but I take a half of a pill and it eliminates the itching in 20 minutes without making me over-tired.

I'm with you - It's just so pleasant to sleep with the windows open....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 06:23 AM

Hi

Mups, close your windows.

The Man with the Black Magic is not worth it, buy your own.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 06:41 AM

I thought it was Milk Tray
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 07:33 AM

Same happens here Mups, they love my blood but like you I need the window open at night , plus most nights I sleep with most of me out side of the duvet so can get eaten alive. I always have antihistamine tablets in the house ( around 40p a pack from the likes of B&M ) and antihistamine cream to hand
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 07:41 AM

They always bite me hate the little sods!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top