Join for free
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 11:09 PM

Jellycopters

Niagara Falls.

Following a near hit a few years ago, the jellycopters operating from opposite sides of the Niagara River now fly at a minimum height separation of 1 Angel. (1000 ft.)

The American outfit, just taking orf.

The Canadian outfit.

On your marks.

Get set.

er, land?

Passenger taking a picture of me taking a picture of him.

Taking a bow.

Next one please.

Whilst the Canadian outfit is much bigger than the American lot, in my opinion both were equally professional.

The Grand Canyon.

Aircraft are prohibited by Federal law from flying below the canyon rim. Rotating wing aircraft are not permitted below 500ft above the canyon rim, and fixed wing aircraft are not permitted below 1000ft above the canyon rim.

These laws do not apply on Indian Nation land, so ...

On the canyon floor, West Rim, about 10m above the Colorado River.

Arrival.

The pilot looked about 16 and the rotor tips appeared to be about 2m from the canyon walls at times. I'm sure both were an illusion as the flight was very smooth and professional.

Awaiting for passengers to disembark before our departure after a boat ride on the river.

We had to sit on our hats due to the downdraft, hence the squints.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 11:09 PM

Re: Jellycopters

Nice bit of history and love the photos - keep them coming

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top