Join for free
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 11:34 AM

Video for dog lovers

This was just posted on Dogsey and is about the dogs which were taken from that American NFL player Vick when his house was raided three years ago:-

In case you are not sure, I can confirm there are no scenes of actual dog fights, and the story shows many of those dogs are not vicious at all.

Once again we see that the American way with justice leaves the UK way behind, it is my understanding that the NFL refused to allow him to play after his trial and he had to pay $900,000 to the courts to cover the cost of re-homing all 47 dogs that he had on his premises. Can you imagine the courts in UK doing that
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 04:05 PM

Re: Video for dog lovers

watch this one - a triumph of canine forgiveness and the human spirit.

Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 05:35 PM

Glad there was a happy ending for most of those dogs. Shame Vick didn't get a harsher sentence!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
watch this one - a triumph of canine forgiveness and the human spirit.
Thank you Claire for adding that link.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2011, 02:43 PM

That was a moving video. Being from the United States I'm well familiar with the Michael Vick story. I spent 13 years in South Carolina so I was an Atlanta Falcon football fan when Vick broke into the league. I feel he got off light and should not have been allowed to return to professional sports. I believe his fame caused him to be allowed to play. Sadly, it's all about money.

I was not surprised to see how many dogs were adopted or that they quickly changed their ways. If only trained soldiers were so easily rehabilitated.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk

02-02-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I feel he got off light and should not have been allowed to return to professional sports. I believe his fame caused him to be allowed to play. Sadly, it's all about money.
Thanks for your comments Bob, yes, sadly it's all about money
buddi bo
lincs
buddi bo is female  buddi bo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2011, 03:15 PM

Just seen the videos and am sat here in tears of sadness , but also of joy .
I have a staffy x that some people have said looks a bit like a pit .He is the most wonderfull dog ever .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top