Join for free
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 04:53 AM

Invented in my time

I was telling my kids what was invented in my time that they just take for granted and wondered if anyone else can think of anything. I remember cling wrap, though we called it glad wrap. The microwave. The lap top computer, dvd's and computer games like the ds. I also told them about drive in theatres in the olden days. They thought that was a bit far fetched. I also just thought of my dear old dad who refused to have our home carpeted because he said it was just a passing phase and we would be stuck with it when it went out of style. lol
Ford Prefect
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Ford Prefect is male 

29-01-2011, 05:40 AM

Re: Invented in my time

OMG, the list is soooo long. The one I remember best is probably the cellular telephone. I recall how cool it was to go bike riding with this 2 lb set - about the size of a typical hardcover book - with a shoulder strap, handset and handset cord. Basically like an office phone. Talking as I rode along. Then of course, the classic Motorola Brick after that.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Troopie ->
I was telling my kids what was invented in my time that they just take for granted and wondered if anyone else can think of anything. I remember cling wrap, though we called it glad wrap. The microwave. The lap top computer, dvd's and computer games like the ds. I also told them about drive in theatres in the olden days. They thought that was a bit far fetched. I also just thought of my dear old dad who refused to have our home carpeted because he said it was just a passing phase and we would be stuck with it when it went out of style. lol
Oh strewth Troopie, the list is endless ........

Transistors, micro chips, the Sinclair C5 'trike', Formula 1 racing, Column shift gear sticks, clutch and gear 'paddles', Satellites, Space travel, passenger jets, Hovercraft to name but a few.
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 12:23 PM

Troopie! Are you nursing a hang over from the party the other day? lol
And I thought Rainbow was off her nut... lol

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top