Join for free
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 05:31 PM

Conversation Vase in clay.

I know how so many of you have so much talent posting your photos, paintings and such like. Well, not to be outdone I am posing this piece I completed last year at a confidence course I was doing. You might not believe this but it was my very first time in my life working with clay. It wasn't easy as the teacher wanted us to roll clay into long sausages which then had to be built up in layers on a base to give the pot height and shape.
The hardest part is to make sure you trap a small amount of air in one part of the clay so on the pots first firing in the kiln it explodes into the required amount of pieces which can then be glazed and fired again.
Obviously I went for the four piece explosion design and was very successful as you can see.
I display the piece(s) on my wall unit and have, like all good artists signed and named my piece. Conversation Vase
It is rather a conversation piece as any visitors I have usually start off the conversation by saying, What the hell is that?

Anyone who would like to make a similar piece can contact me by PM for more detailed instructions.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top