Join for free
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 04:39 PM

Lunatics driving on the country roads.

Today I went out for lunch and as it was bright and sunny decided to try and find a place where I used to park up sometimes and watch gliders being towed up into the sky.
I followed the signs but ended up on narrow country roads.
Approaching a bend noticed an old lady walking her dog walking towards me and another old couple walking two dogs a further 10 yards behind, no pavement by the way. I slowed right down so I didn't spook the old people or their dogs but an idiot in a big car came screaming round the bend in the middle of the road. I had to slam my brakes on.
Why is it that people have to drive like their doing a rally on country lanes. You cannot just blame the tourists either as when I had a girlfriend who lived out in the sticks it was the same then the locals were mental. Even she used to drive far too fast when she took me back to her place. I think that maybe people out in the countryside may get a bit to confident as they know the area.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 05:05 PM

Re: Lunatics driving on the country roads.

Trouble is , locals are used to their country roads and complacency takes over

The road end of mine is a 60 limit. I’m talking a country lane. This lane has seen 3 deaths this year alone
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 05:11 PM

Tell me about it ... there's a bad bend (complete with warning chevrons) near me and loads come screaming down.

One once ended up in my nextdoor neighbours front garden, tipped onto his roof ... after coming straight from passing his driving test.
He was remarkably uninjured .. but boy, the firemen who came to sort him out were dishy.
I nearly offered them coffee and ginger nuts.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 05:25 PM

It's always the locals , but in the nearby NEW FOREST' it's the tourists who knock over the COMmoners HORSES,CATTLE etc
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 06:04 PM

Since fox hunting was banned attention has been directed towards the elderly....especially those that slow down to a snails pace.....endangering those behind.

It's no fun coming out of a bend(within the limits)to find a pristine Austin Allegro(with tartan blanket on parcel shelf) travelling at 15mph whilst the driver enjoys his Shag.

So, the fox hunters have decided the elderly need culling....."fair do's", I say.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 06:08 PM

I live in the country .
The country lanes are terrorised not by the elderly but by farm boys who roar up and down on monster german tractors often dragging lethal heavily laden trailers behind them .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I live in the country .
The country lanes are terrorised not by the elderly but by farm boys who roar up and down on monster german tractors often dragging lethal heavily laden trailers behind them .
They're too big to "declare war upon"...when driver dismounts then that's a different matter.

Living in the country sounds very dangerous to me.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Indeed, I frequently have to take evasive measures to avoid them .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top