Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 12:10 PM

camera/video wind noise reduction

i have been trying out some of my wind noice reduction mUfflers (deadcats) this morning.the best I have is one made by Gutmanns. This test is with an external microphone. I was going to do an outside test but it is raining hard.,Sso next best was in front of a desk fan
Below the first part or the vidoe is without a dead cat and the second half is with this one

Note the sound of the fan is clearer and the rumble nearly gone, and that is without the wind noise reducer in the mike itself switched on

your opions welcomed
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 03:55 PM

Re: camera/video wind noise reduction

I used these to seperate mike from camera

link

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Femle-Adapt...6WSX03YJFJN1Z0
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I used these to seperate mike from camera
Do you realise that cameras use a standard quarter inch thread? You can buy bolts or rods with suitable threads from a hardware store. Much cheaper than buying camera specific parts and far more flexible to build your own.

I should qualify that by saying some professional gear uses 3/8th but I doubt you will come across that.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

22-10-2017, 09:18 AM

Presumable you mean metric thread against imperial or whitworth thread and you still need the part that fits a camera shoe. if you look at the link those are so cheap anyway and can be built up to any height depending on how many sections used.

You would have to either keep cutting down or have several different size bolts/rods they way you suggest, but it is an alternative
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Presumable you mean metric thread against imperial or whitworth thread and you still need the part that fits a camera shoe. if you look at the link those are so cheap anyway and can be built up to any height depending on how many sections used.

You would have to either keep cutting down or have several different size bolts/rods they way you suggest, but it is an alternative
No, they are standard 1/4" 20 (20 threads to the inch)

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top