Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2011, 11:51 PM

What's your party piece?

Dragons thread about songs staying in your head reminded me of the old fashioned house partys we had in the 60's and 70's, any excuse was good enough to have one at the weekend. After the drinks and sandwiches and the bit of dancing the host would appoint himself MC and call out the name of the person to sing, recite, tell a joke or even tap dance. He continued in a circle until everyone got their chance, and you got a right slagging if you 'Jibbed' (refused). My party piece was 'The deck of cards' by Wink martindale, mainly because it was all talking and I never had a singing note in my head. Have you a party piece you can use for similar situations?.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 12:42 AM

Re: What's your party piece?

Yes but im too polite to talk about it on here lol
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 12:33 PM

Out with it cassie! In case you haven't noticed, being polite is all relative on here.
Besides getting paid to put my clothes back on, I also get paid NOT to sing!
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 12:45 PM

I play "Smoke on the water" on a jews harp
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by mrmojorisin ->
Good for you Mrmojorisn!, you'd have been a star attraction at an old party.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

29-01-2011, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by mrmojorisin ->

Ha Ha ........ I can play " Smoke Gets in You Eyes " on a Muslim`s Banjo ...........

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top