Join for free
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 09:29 PM

Labours of Love

Today, I’ve cooked meat and potato pie for dinner. It’s known in the family as my labour of love because I class making it as hard labour but they love it.

Do you have any labours of love and if so, what are they?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 10:08 AM

Re: Labours of Love

Stuffing a chicken it's a nightmare as a vegetarian and always becomes a real huge job putting hand in that cavity yuk, but my meat eaters used to love it.

So much better now they've all given up the fight and become veggies too.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Stuffing a chicken it's a nightmare as a vegetarian and always becomes a real huge job putting hand in that cavity yuk, but my meat eaters used to love it.

Why on earth not just cook the stuffing separately Julie, much nicer anyway....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 02:26 PM

Because that's not according to my lot a stuffed chicken personally I think they just like to see me grimacing and gagging
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 02:31 PM

I share your horror Julie it makes me want to
....so if I have to cook a chicken for the family I stick herbs or a lemon in 'the cavity ' using tongues and cook the stuffing separately.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 02:31 PM

Which end are you trying to stuff it Julie .... surely not the bottom end?
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 03:20 PM

My labour of love is on the cooker at the moment - a pan of Red Pepper and tomato soup. I love the soup, but simply hate the prep. First roasting the peppers and garlic and the skinning the damn things and removing all of the seeds. It has taken my 45 minutes just to do that. However, the bonus will be several pots of soup in the freezer for around a couple of pounds.

My disaster was that as I had the oven on roasting the peppers I thought I would knock up a batch of scones, also for the freezer. I had them all mixed and ready when I realised that instead of baking powder, I had used bi-carb. So binned it all and started again.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 03:23 PM

Because that's not according to my lot a stuffed chicken personally I think they just like to see me grimacing and gagging
Originally Posted by Meg ->
I share your horror Julie it makes me want to
....so if I have to cook a chicken for the family I stick herbs or a lemon in 'the cavity ' using tongues and cook the stuffing separately.
Originally Posted by Mags ->
Which end are you trying to stuff it Julie .... surely not the bottom end?
Holy Norah!!
I don't love anyone enough to do that!
In fact I'd say "stuff that for a game of soldiers!"

What on earth is wrong with a roast and accompanying stuffing balls, I'd like to know?

Tell them to stuff their own chicken you daft martyrs!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top