Join for free
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 07:32 PM

weinstein law discussion ?

weinstein law discussion ? 15.10.17

when this was all exposed
clearly told never again would it unravel
absolutely hate the name when this i composed
this man is as low as jimmy savile.
is it a question of power
or a sickness to do with conniving
all the rumors were not sour
if only taken seriously when arriving.
we do need to alter
not change from the bottom
at the very top its no water
its pure vile spreading rotten.
we are all equal
is this not a school teach
to destroy this never ending sequel
taking back power is my village preach.
every business must address
to every victim i chuck a line
if you are suffering or in any mess
speak out as we can not repeat weinstein.

( what i am asking is do we need some sort of law for the people at the top like weinstein so people can come forward with out fear and report any wrong doing ? or is that idea just unworkable ? )
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 08:29 PM

Re: weinstein law discussion ?

Surely the people at the top are already subject to the same laws as anyone else?

While condemning Weinstein’s actions I think you (one) has to ask yourself why many people, some of them in the public spotlight themselves, have only recently seen fit to speak out about Weinstein’s behaviour. Why is that? Could it be because they had something to gain from not doing so? Career furthering for instance? Or is it more a case of ‘he can so he does’? A bit like Trump.

I think adult people should speak out at the time an offence, or an attempted offence happens and not dredge things up retrospectively. That always seems to me to be rather like jumping on the bandwagon.

What kind of law did you have in mind?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 11:01 AM

I agree with tartlet on this one I think. Many of the women could have spoken out and saved others having such a difficult time. Also anyone grabs you inappropriately yell ! We don't have to put up with it make them embarrassed by making a fuss. I dont understand why they don't.
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 11:34 PM

I think you are both misunderstanding how big and powerful this man is (was) i can see exactly why they were to frightened to speak out.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 09:37 AM

There are moments in life power has to be stood up to no matter how that affects the person complaining. There were plenty of other powerful people knew about this and did nothing. They could have stopped it years ago. And I doubt this the only one sadly.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top