Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 06:02 PM

Drama's about Normal Stable Family Life

When are we going to see Drama's on TV about normal families, where drama's occur every day as well.
Why do people want to see sexual activities with Tom Dick and Harry, drug abuse, and alcohol abuse.
Do the perhaps want to join in as their lives are so boring?

Is it really exciting?
I would rather watch the Sunset any day.

Something like "Brief Encounter" with Celia Johnson and Trevor Howard. Even though she fell in love with the Doctor when married, she did not forget her marriage vows, and went back to her boring husband with a few happy memories.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 11:02 PM

Re: Drama's about Normal Stable Family Life

Originally Posted by Azure ->
When are we going to see Drama's on TV about normal families, where drama's occur every day as well.
Why do people want to see sexual activities with Tom Dick and Harry, drug abuse, and alcohol abuse.
Do the perhaps want to join in as their lives are so boring?

Is it really exciting?
I would rather watch the Sunset any day.

Something like "Brief Encounter" with Celia Johnson and Trevor Howard. Even though she fell in love with the Doctor when married, she did not forget her marriage vows, and went back to her boring husband with a few happy memories.
PS i meant Stable not Staple.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 11:15 PM

I've also had enough of drink, drugs, abuse, sex, fights and murders.

Bring back romance! Show kids it is not good to go round murdering people, and it's good to care about someone else.

Love happens in real life, as well as all the bad things, but we rarely see films/plays etc based on a good, old fashioned love story.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 10:58 AM

I don't think that will ever come back. We've gone too far the other way, some can't watch dramas without the sex and thrills. One of our favourites is miss Marple but if they remade it now I believe the blood and gore and sex would all be given precedence over the stories.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 11:45 AM

I love Romantic films. But even the very old ones like 'Gone with the Wind',
were not perfect.
The only soap I watch is Eastenders, I can relate to many of the issues, as I am afraid life is like that today.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't think that will ever come back. We've gone too far the other way, some can't watch dramas without the sex and thrills. One of our favourites is miss Marple but if they remade it now I believe the blood and gore and sex would all be given precedence over the stories.

It's so sad to me, Julie.
Kids are being brought up seeing little but violence, sex and drug problems.

Nice things still happen if you're lucky, feel good things that melt your heart, so why do they make a feast of only the bad side of life?

It probably is how life is for some people, but not all, yet we are only fed garbage.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 12:11 PM

Hi

Viewing figures and advertising revenues, that is what it is all about.

Normal family life is pleasantly boring, as it should be.

In my work I came across all sorts of things day in and day out, the stuff of soap opera plots.

In my family life, 25 years, we only knew of one rape, 2 murders and a few assaults.

Which is how it should be.

We had just the normal domestic traumas.

My daughter, at age 4, refusing point blank to wear an outfit Mum had got her for a Wedding.

The pair of them getting drunk as teenagers and my daughter with extremely annoying boyfriends just to exert her independence.

My EX never learnt, she used to go mad and tell Holly never to see them again, major rows and trauma, to which she brought an even weirder one home.

I just used to say, he is lovely, such a lovely boy, really sensible and nice and polite.

When are you bringing him again?

End of boyfriend, no fuss, no hassle, any boy approved by Dad was a No No.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I've also had enough of drink, drugs, abuse, sex, fights and murders.

Bring back romance! Show kids it is not good to go round murdering people, and it's good to care about someone else.

Love happens in real life, as well as all the bad things, but we rarely see films/plays etc based on a good, old fashioned love story.
Just stop indulging.....I gave up quite easy....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 12:20 PM

I agree Azure, it has all become a bit boring to be honest. That's the reason I no longer watch any of the soaps because there isn't a 'normal' family amongst them. Every wedding is a drama.

I have always found it a bit odd that murder is probably the very worst thing that can happen to someone yet we all love to watch murder mysteries (me included)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

16-10-2017, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Just stop indulging.....I gave up quite easy....

Yes, I really must make more effort Tpin.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top