Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 03:40 PM

changing society

Went out with 6 friends at 5pm for meal and theatre into town . Walking to theatre at 6.45 police cars in the town and 3 police holding down a female on the pavement , she was foul mouthed screeching and fighting the police and two other females about 30 being told to leave the town and this was their third warning , the screecher we think must have been high on something as she was fuel filled and fighting even though squashed onto the pavement by the police . So we walked past and on our way . Left theatre at 10pm , families and happy people having seen a fab michael jackson tribute show by Navi , then more police , a drunken bloke puking loudly covered in silver foil, cops around to keep people away and safe from the drunk . Chatted to a police chap he says he hates the town on Saturday nights now and life here in little ole Dorset town is not nice after dark . We girls said we are happy to spend our evenings at home safe from all the horrible happenings that we were shocked to see .

At one time I used to go into town on my own , watch a band have a glass of wine then bus or taxi home , but not any more . What we briefly saw last night was awful for these families and small children who'd minutes before been happily dancing to Billy jean and thriller and fab music , suddenly seeing all this ugliness .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 04:02 PM

Re: changing society

These days, some of the women have become really blokey!
Some of them are very aggressive in their manner too!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 04:07 PM

What a shame this sort of thing has to spoil a night out for ordinary folks just trying to have a nice evening out together without getting into, or causing, any trouble.

I'd never go down town here at night now either. I wouldn't feel safe anymore.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 04:19 PM

I have not gone into our town centre in the evenings for several years now and we are only a small market town.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What a shame this sort of thing has to spoil a night out for ordinary folks just trying to have a nice evening out together without getting into, or causing, any trouble.

I'd never go down town here at night now either. I wouldn't feel safe anymore.
Yes Mups and folks, sad to say that tis is just the way things are now, and I do put a lot of it down to the licensing laws being changed all those years ago.
Anyone can go and get tanked up any time of day or night.
Plus the fact that rudeness and violence and get out of my way or else type of behaviour is now endemic in our society.
Being polite and nice to other people is being eroded in this couldn't care less, it's me me me society and this can only get worse if future generations are anything to go by.
Have you got on a bus lately were the teens have just been offloaded from school?
Heff this and heff that and being a general pain in the rear end.
Crikey.
Now then were are me migraine tablets when I need them?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Yes Mups and folks, sad to say that tis is just the way things are now, and I do put a lot of it down to the licensing laws being changed all those years ago.
Anyone can go and get tanked up any time of day or night.
Plus the fact that rudeness and violence and get out of my way or else type of behaviour is now endemic in our society.
Being polite and nice to other people is being eroded in this couldn't care less, it's me me me society and this can only get worse if future generations are anything to go by.
Have you got on a bus lately were the teens have just been offloaded from school?
Heff this and heff that and being a general pain in the rear end.

Crikey.
Now then were are me migraine tablets when I need them?

That is true Boozy. They are also a menace in the shops, and most shops have agot a notice on the door about only 2 at a time can go in, because they are shoplifting.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 04:43 PM

We have the same here, although its hen parties, you can often see on a Saturday afternoon lots of scantily clad "ladies" wandering around town some drunk, and falling about usually carrying various blow up appendages, god knows what the shoppers/tourists think about all that and that's on an afternoon, what its like in the evening I shudder to think, then we have the racegoers, who, after a days race meet they are often tanked up long before they get into town , imagine facing that when you are on holiday with your family...!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 05:01 PM

I do admit I lead a very sheltered life out here in the sticks

What you have discribed I’ve only thankfully seen on tv

However saying that, I rarely now visit my own home town as I find the general attitude of ‘me me me ‘ just wears me out
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 05:33 PM

Hi

I spent a few years of my life in charge of a team doing the Night Time Economy.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday nIghts out with the Police and also working on our own.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Three girls in the middle of the road , having a competition to see who could pee on the white line.

The girls egging a queue outside a Kebab place to drop their pants to see which one was the biggest.

Life has changed so much.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
We have the same here, although its hen parties, you can often see on a Saturday afternoon lots of scantily clad "ladies" wandering around town some drunk, and falling about usually carrying various blow up appendages, god knows what the shoppers/tourists think about all that and that's on an afternoon, what its like in the evening I shudder to think, then we have the racegoers, who, after a days race meet they are often tanked up long before they get into town , imagine facing that when you are on holiday with your family...!
York is a nasty place to be in the evenings now - well, not just the evenings - from about lunchtime on Fridays until Monday morning it is safer to be indoors. I can remember when it was first suggested we should have a University - lots of opposition - people worried about students causing havoc etc., But actually - apart from the occasional drugs problem - they are the least of our worries. It is mainly, as Primus said, hen parties, stag nights and racegoers. They rampage round the city centre - vomiting, urinating, being violent and totally objectionable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top