Join for free
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2011, 06:49 PM

So what

I came to realise that living with Cancer is dieing a slow death, So what, I am dieing. Life was boring me anyway. Are you dieing a slow death.

Be around a bit, longer just for the Creigh. Good Luck.

Feel like Dansingsky & Funky Farmer.As well as others. Bored,Fed up. XXX Love to all. LOL.Smile a Mile)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2011, 07:25 PM

Re: So what

Manxman, you sound very low in spirit at the moment

I just wanted to send you a virtual hug to make you feel better ...... take care.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2011, 07:46 PM

Stay with us mate.

do you know the Rolling English Road by GK Chesterton?

It talks about our joyful stagger through life and ends:

..... God pardon us, nor harden us; we did not see so clear
The night we went to Bannockburn by way of Brighton Pier.
My friends, we will not go again or ape an ancient rage,
Or stretch the folly of our youth to be the shame of age,
But walk with clearer eyes and ears this path that wandereth,
And see undrugged in evening light the decent inn of death;
For there is good news yet to hear and fine things to be seen,
Before we go to Paradise by way of Kensal Green.

X
Claire
FayRose
Devon, UK
FayRose is female  FayRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2011, 07:48 PM

Oh Manxman, you are in nightmare times just now you poor old thing.

We are living with cancer in this household and know what you are feeling. Some day are just not worth it eh?

Tell you what, my husband wants to be around for a bit more cricket success and a few other things besides the good creigh.

There's another match Sunday, you gonna watch? Make a bet?

Hugs from me 'n' him xxx
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2011, 07:03 PM

Manxman,

Obviously, I do not personally know you or your circumstances, but feel I would like to share this with you....

Having this terrible disease is shocking and frightening. You will go through various thoughts and emotions. In the same way as grief, which does tend to follow a pattern of the effects it has on ourselves, which of course will vary depending on circumstances and ourself personally.

It is AWFUL knowing someone is experiencing either grief or a worrying disease, because we feel helpless in what or how to help them.

Cancer does not mean it is the end of your life. Probably most people have known someone who has died from this disease, but equally known people who have survived (even against the odds). It is never over until it is over!

Remember, life is not a dress rehearsal, so Manxman don't let this ruin you and your life now. Some people sadly depart this world before they barely have had a chance to live it. So try to say to yourself, that you are here now, and have the ability to still live.

My wonderful Dad (who did pass away from Cancer) said to me that you get given your hand of cards, and it is up to us how we play that hand.

Manxman, I looked at your Profile, and to quote you;
"I am a speed junkie" - So I find it difficult to believe you are resigned to feeling or being; "bored and fed up"!
Your Profile suggests a passionate enjoy life person. So, what are you going to do, be bored or enjoy?????

With my Kindest Regards,
Rainbow x
(taking both your hands if I may, and giving them an encouraging squeeze)
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 04:33 AM

Even though we are a world apart, I hope you take a moment to ponder just how many people are thinking of you during the day and especially during the night when it may seen a tad lonely for you. I think I speak for all when I say you are not alone and would be over whelmed if you knew just how many people want to hold your hand and give you a huge cuddle right now. Tomorrow will be a better day. I wish you all the best.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top