Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2011, 08:06 AM

Wednesday a day for travel

Good morning everyone

A day for leaving these forums to there own devices.

I am going to pastures new where I can spend some days relaxing and getting some educated points of view from college students.

Have a good day and remember to question who is behind the messages that you read on the forums. Genuine people or the other type.

I shall return.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2011, 09:13 AM

Re: Wednesday a day for travel

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
[
I shall return.
Shades of The Terminator there AB

Good morning everyone, overcast and drizzly here in Sherwood today. No plans after walking fido other than reading the papers and visiting friends this afternoon.

Have a smashing day

Barry
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2011, 12:13 PM

Lots of snow here, just spent an hour digging the car out so I can pick up OH from the bus stop (She's spent last night at some friends in the big city) have to go now or I'll be late and I don't fancy beans on toast for the next two weeks See you when you get back AB
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2011, 01:19 PM

Hello to everyone

It's going to be a staying indoors day today as it's gloomy and wet outside ...... I hate January, I think it must be the most miserable month of the year, weather-wise.

AB - have a good time, see you when you get back!

Enjoy whatever you are doing...
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2011, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Shades of The Terminator there AB

Good morning everyone, overcast and drizzly here in Sherwood today. No plans after walking fido other than reading the papers and visiting friends this afternoon.

Have a smashing day

Barry
Arnold stole that line from Jesus Christ. " I'll be Back".

I've got a Doctor visit this morning to get the news about my blood tests. My friend, Warren, is hurting this morn after a car made the famous "left turn" into him on his motorcycle. The old, "I didn't see you" excuse was used. Warren rides a bright red motorcycle. I don't buy that excuse. He's ok but very sore. His bike is totaled.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
My friend, Warren, is hurting this morn after a car made the famous "left turn" into him on his motorcycle. The old, "I didn't see you" excuse was used. Warren rides a bright red motorcycle. I don't buy that excuse. He's ok but very sore. His bike is totaled.
At least he walked away Bob.....
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2011, 02:47 PM

At least he walked away Bob.....
I've been riding for 31 years, putting over 250,000 on my bikes. I can't count the number of times boneheads have done that left turn trick. I've had to lock the brakes as I avoid being hit while looking at the startled look in the driver's eyes. People need to wake up & start paying attention to their driving. The old biker saying goes" "You might be sorry but I'm dead".
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

26-01-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I've been riding for 31 years, putting over 250,000 on my bikes. I can't count the number of times boneheads have done that left turn trick. I've had to lock the brakes as I avoid being hit while looking at the startled look in the driver's eyes. People need to wake up & start paying attention to their driving. The old biker saying goes" "You might be sorry but I'm dead".
I've been a biker since my youth too Bob, and I've had some close shaves with stupid drivers. Having said that, I too have been guilty on occasion of not seeing the biker when driving four wheels. It's getting to be the norm now in the UK for bkers to use dipped headlights all the time, so that they are more visible and personally I always wear high visibility clothing when riding. Anything to get myself seen by other road users!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2011, 05:32 PM

Hi all! Light mix of rain/snow, not sticking particularly as it's just at 0 C (32 F), but a bigger one is headed here as the temps drop this afternoon. They're calling for 3 - 6" We have lucked out snow-wise this season so suppose we're due. The worry is that this will be a heavy wet snow which always brings the danger of power outages .....

Bob, sorry about Warren's bike, but he's OK, that's the important thing!

Anyone else remember General MacArthur and "I shall return!" ? AB, enjoy whatever you're doing.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2011, 09:58 PM

It's getting to be the norm now in the UK for bikers to use dipped headlights all the time, so that they are more visible
It is mandatory for bikes and cars to use dipped headlights every day of the year in many European countries and will be in all of them soon. The UK should be like this as well.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top