Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 08:32 PM

Because You’re Worth It!

I wonder if you ever get to a point where it is just nice to spoil yourself?!
I have been a bit stuck in lately, looking after my elderly dog and recuperating after a gallbladder operation which l had just over two weeks ago.
Today, I decided I needed spoiling and went to Morrison’s and got some of their lovely Sirloin steak. I am not a big fan of Chardonnay but saw that Lindeman’s Bin 65 Chardonnay was on offer for £5.50! It was was lovely!
I have just had the steak, chips, peas, mushrooms and onion rings with a side salad and some wine for my dinner. It was absolutely delish!
This made me think.... What do others do to spoil themselves...because they’re worth it?!

I’d love to hear!
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 08:44 PM

Re: Because You’re Worth It!

My boss bought me a Pandora necklace when I retired so, as a present to myself I bought a matching bracelet....plus about 8 charms

Not cheap but well......

Thing is it's totally impractical when you're decorating/gardening/sawing wood etc so it never gets worn
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
My boss bought me a Pandora necklace when I retired so, as a present to myself I bought a matching bracelet....plus about 8 charms

Not cheap but well......

Thing is it's totally impractical when you're decorating/gardening/sawing wood etc so it never gets worn
Nicol, This reminds me of someone who had a lovely dinner service and never used it. Then, her house was bombed during WW2 and the whole lot was destroyed!
I have bought expensive make up and creams but never used them. Then when l did, they were all dried up and no good!
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 10:15 PM

I’m now feeling guilty again about the wedding present Royal Doulton dinner service which has been languishing in a box under stairs for the best part of 49 years. I think I could count the number of times it’s been used on both hands.

First it was too good to use and risk getting broken and then, when the children were older and less likely to drop things, we’d gained a dishwasher and the service had to be hand washed to stop the gold wearing off!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 10:18 PM

On Lordy Tartlet, I'm of the opinion that I'm worth the best every day. I use the good China, silverware and linens daily.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
On Lordy Tartlet, I'm of the opinion that I'm worth the best every day. I use the good China, silverware and linens daily.
Yes, like you I keep very little for best these days. It’s just that dinner service. Oh, and I think there’s an unused coffee service somewhere in the loft which was another wedding present.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 10:42 PM

I spoiled myself by buying a new bed for Chloe for the winter, I get so much pleasure seeing her snuggling in to it. Her little face says it all
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I wonder if you ever get to a point where it is just nice to spoil yourself?!
I have been a bit stuck in lately, looking after my elderly dog and recuperating after a gallbladder operation which l had just over two weeks ago.
Today, I decided I needed spoiling and went to Morrison’s and got some of their lovely Sirloin steak. I am not a big fan of Chardonnay but saw that Lindeman’s Bin 65 Chardonnay was on offer for £5.50! It was was lovely!
I have just had the steak, chips, peas, mushrooms and onion rings with a side salad and some wine for my dinner. It was absolutely delish!
This made me think.... What do others do to spoil themselves...because they’re worth it?!

I’d love to hear!

Why, are you deaf.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

11-10-2017, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
[/B]

Why, are you deaf.
Pardon?!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 11:10 PM

It's good to know there is Sense out there, and not at all Common.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top