Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 11:35 AM

How to amuse the neighbours without really trying !

I am hosting a Craft Day tomorrow and decided an extra table would be useful - more equipment now than last time.

So - off to garage - bring out trestles - they have rusted and the paint was peeling. Grab a wire brush and clean them up a bit.

Neighbour comes out to wash his car - gives me a smile.

Back to garage - stagger out with the table top - oops - damp has damged one corner. Heave it onto trestles - fetch a bucket of hot soapy water - start to scrub - damp corner falls off!!
Neighbour tries hard, but not hard enough, to hide his giggles!

Table is made from plastic coated MDF. Fetch saw and a black marker - draw a line across - 2" above damaged corner - start to saw.

Have you ever tried sawing a straight line in soggy MDF - neighbour just about hysterical with laughter now!

Had a cup of tea and a think.

Back to garage - rummage in the "this will be useful one day" corner - find a large piece of melamine coated wood left over from when the kitchen was fitted - slightly smaller than proper table top but will do - yes, it will.

Neighbour has very kindly taken table top and will use an electric saw to cut across above the damage for me - have totally forgiven him his laughter!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 11:41 AM

Re: How to amuse the neighbours without really trying !

Neighbour, wash car, you, difficulty cutting timber.......I thought you were going to say you got an electric saw out and the dust ruined his efforts to clean his car

Good result for you...low cut top and doe eyes?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Neighbour, wash car, you, difficulty cutting timber.......I thought you were going to say you got an electric saw out and the dust ruined his efforts to clean his car

LOL!! Timber I can cope with - soggy MFD - growllllll
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 12:15 PM

At least you made his day
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 12:23 PM

That would do it for me every time !, yep I guess I am a sucker !....

Good for you for trying though.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 12:31 PM

Well that has made me smile Silver tabby.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 04:50 PM

Made me smile too, what a nice neighbour.
We have nice new, well they were when bought, plastic & metal folding tables, two of them, for car boots etc, they are easy to set up & to clean.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 05:01 PM

Ah, yes, this exemplifies why we became civilized - division of labor and the assistance that comes with it, and making good-natured fun of our neighbors over the dinner table.

Ever the good sport, ST!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am hosting a Craft Day tomorrow and decided an extra table would be useful - more equipment now than last time.

So - off to garage - bring out trestles - they have rusted and the paint was peeling. Grab a wire brush and clean them up a bit.

Neighbour comes out to wash his car - gives me a smile.

Back to garage - stagger out with the table top - oops - damp has damged one corner. Heave it onto trestles - fetch a bucket of hot soapy water - start to scrub - damp corner falls off!!
Neighbour tries hard, but not hard enough, to hide his giggles!

Table is made from plastic coated MDF. Fetch saw and a black marker - draw a line across - 2" above damaged corner - start to saw.

Have you ever tried sawing a straight line in soggy MDF - neighbour just about hysterical with laughter now!

Had a cup of tea and a think.

Back to garage - rummage in the "this will be useful one day" corner - find a large piece of melamine coated wood left over from when the kitchen was fitted - slightly smaller than proper table top but will do - yes, it will.

Neighbour has very kindly taken table top and will use an electric saw to cut across above the damage for me - have totally forgiven him his laughter!
And you just amused us without really trying as well Tabby!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

06-10-2017, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
And you just amused us without really trying as well Tabby!
Then at least I have served a useful purpose today !!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top