Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:19 PM

Happy christmas everone

Why not say it now? All the shops are gearing up for it with Chrissie stuff. After all it is only about 80 days to go. Try getting a birthday card in a card shop,Sue manage to get one for her sister a couple of weeks ago and They were putting out Christmas cards back then.
Check out any garden centre and you will think it is that time of year already.

Last year Santa went down a chimney and landed up in a lounge with a beautiful stunning young lady standing in front of him with a see through nightie on

"Santa ,do you have time to stop for a drink and a glass of beer" she asked

"tonight is my busiest night of the year so I can't stop" Santa said

So this beautiful young lady took off her see through nightie and stood stark naked in front of him

Santa looked at her and said "maybe I will stay, I won't be able to get back up the chimney now"
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:24 PM

Re: Happy christmas everone

l bought my 2018 diary today!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:26 PM

Happy Christmas to you too realspeed, although I'm not quite ready for it here this year. My husband has taken over making the Christmas puddings as I just can't face it, Nathan is making the cake which I'm quite sure will be lovely as he seems to have the baking gene his great gran had.

Can't decide this year what to have for dinner on the day, I'm not really enjoying my food at the moment just eating pasta and rice when I feel like it but I can't just serve that.

Will be easier this year though as we are all vegetarians ! First time ever I won't have to be involved in the slaughter of a creature, so I'm very happy about that.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:26 PM

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:38 PM

Like the last 2 years we will have a very good friend, whose husband died, is invited to spend Christmas with Sue and I again. Ok not exactly the same as having family around but at least she won't be spending it alone. When Sue was working in an office when we first got married 45 years ago this woman worked alongside her. So a very long lasting friendship.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:41 PM

That's nice realspeed, makes me think we might try to get to the Sally Army kitchen this year, haven't done that for a couple of years and it's always fun and I hope helpful.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

05-10-2017, 10:45 PM

I only wish both my sons and DIL and grandchildren could be with us. One might be with us, but the other as you know is in Brazil with wife and kids so a bit of a sad time in that respect
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-10-2017, 10:53 PM

Jordan can't get home this year so his wife Ivana is coming here, and we are all going to Skype him in the afternoon. Not quite the same as getting a Jordan hug, but at least we will see him.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 05:57 AM

Not sure what we're doing on Christmas day yet. I'm waiting for son & daughter in law to mention it. I want to get out of the cooking this year if I can!

I've got the important stuff booked - A meal at a popular pub/restaurant on Christmas Eve for 18 of my family and a Twixtmas break (Dec 27th - 30th) booked at Warners Alvaston Hall hotel with friends.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 07:28 AM

Im not sure of plans this year but I have made one decision..

Every year I send Christmas cards to people I dont see but only have cantact with via FB and the christmas card...

This year I will be sending just 10 cards and not all will go by post, my children my mum the inlaws and a couple of special people who dont have FB will get a card for the rest I will be putting a Christmas photo and greeting on FB but donating the money (plus a bit extra) it would have cost to buy and send the cards to my local food bank instead.

Given that each stamp costs €1.33 and then there is the cost of the cards I think its getting a bit silly to send them out to people who would be just as happy with a digital greeting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top