Join for free
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 04:27 PM

Changing energy supplier

Having been a member of the Cheap Energy Club for many years, and my tariff with British Gas coming to an end, I used their services to locate a cheaper deal and EDF Energy came up.

So I went through the procedure and looked forward to the transfer going through without any hitches. Then... oh dear!

Awaiting my refund of overpayment from BG, I made some enquiries about the delay. I spoke to both BG and EDF.

EDF assure me that my meter readings have been received by them and that they have been passed on to BG. They claim that my electricity details are in order, but that they are awaiting a 'registration final', whatever that is, from BG regarding gas.

British Gas, on the other hand, tell me that the gas transfer has been correctly completed, but they are awaiting electricity meter readings from EDF.

In fairness, I am informed that it takes 3 to 4 weeks for a transfer to be completed, and is has only been just over 2 weeks now so I shall be patient.

I just thought it was amusing that both companies are contradicting each other in this way. It makes me so confident for the future!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top