Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 01:03 PM

Have you ever received a text that was obviously meant for someone else?

I am sure most of us have received a text message that was obviously meant for someone else.

Iff so, did you reply telling the sender?

I received one last night from a number I don't know.
The sender obviously had the wrong number or entered it wrongly.

The message read:

"Hi mate, I'm home now. Can you drop me a £20 bag of your finest green" Obviously an idiot to put so much info in a text.

I thought about it, "should I let him know about his mistake?"

Yep...with a bit of fun thrown in.

My reply "Hi, I think you have sent this message to the wrong person. Maybe you could text me when your man arrives with your order? Yours faithfully, PC Terry, National Drug Squad"

He didn't reply.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 01:36 PM

Re: Have you ever received a text that was obviously meant for someone else?

Yep, I was on my way to view a house to exchange with. I got a text from the woman who lived there complaining about nasty neighbours, their children and their dogs with very bad language in it, meant for her partner!
I sent a text back saying I was no longer interested.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 02:17 PM

No, dont do texts, nor receive them. Mobile for emergencies only, so always switched off and no-one has the number.
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 03:20 PM

No, not a text, but I did receive a private message on one of these sites, which should only have gone to the person intended. Oh by jove, was that a mistake - the contents was so entertaining - completely sexual, and very explicit.

That's what happens when you've been messaging several people at once, then forget to change the option back again
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 03:34 PM

f anyone texts me I phone them back, it is quicker.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 06:17 PM

Not recived but sent....

I intended to send my OH goodnight love and hugs while he was working in the UK ...Somehow the text went wrong and ended up with a complete stranger..

How do I know that?
Because he texted back saying he didnt know who I was but thanks for the lovely message, the hugs and kisses and he wished me a good nights sleep!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 06:40 PM

I once went to a party and my pal and I were discussing how good a friend of ours looked and how magnificent her boobs were.

So, a bit later on I decided to have a laugh....my pal was sat talking to her so I sent him a text "They(boobs)have to be man made, what would it take to have a play?"

I was hoping to see him blush as he read it....being right in front of her.

As I waited for the text to arrive at his phone our pal picked her's up and started to tap away .

My phone alerted me to an incoming text message

" 1)They are 100% real and 2) A lot of begging" yep, I'd sent it to her.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I am sure most of us have received a text message that was obviously meant for someone else.

The message read:

"Hi mate, I'm home now. Can you drop me a £20 bag of your finest green" Obviously an idiot to put so much info in a text.

My reply "Hi, I think you have sent this message to the wrong person. Maybe you could text me when your man arrives with your order? Yours faithfully, PC Terry, National Drug Squad"

He didn't reply.
Brill Tpin, I bet he shit a brick.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

The message read:

He didn't reply.
So when you told me you loved me...it wasn't from you?..
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Not recived but sent....

I intended to send my OH goodnight love and hugs while he was working in the UK ...Somehow the text went wrong and ended up with a complete stranger..

How do I know that?
Because he texted back saying he didnt know who I was but thanks for the lovely message, the hugs and kisses and he wished me a good nights sleep!
Aaaawwww that's sweet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top