Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2009, 07:47 PM

The latest in 'Cold calls '

I had a cold call today from someone offering a free two hours legal consultation in my own home and the writing of my last will and testament .

I said I didn't believe in 'something for nothing' and was sure I would have to pay somewhere along the line .

The young man replied that yes there would be a payment after the free consultation, but I would get two wills for the price of one .

I told him I only intend dying once so wasn't interested
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2009, 07:53 PM

Re: The latest in 'Cold calls '

Now that is truly weird!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2009, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
Now that is truly weird!
I expect it is tailored to suit husband and wife teams not widows.
I managed to silence the young salesman
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2009, 07:58 PM

Cheeky devils - whatever next?
We're exdirectory and subscribed to whatever it is that's supposed to prevent cold calls and I must say we get very very few - the main source of irritation is BT itself, though even they don't appear to have called lately
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2009, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I expect it is tailored to suit husband and wife teams not widows.
I managed to silence the young salesman
Doh, I didn't think of that!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2009, 09:20 PM

Most calls I get are from Mobile Phone Service Providers telling me how good a deal I can get from them. Sometimes I let them go on and on and agree with them that they can give me a good deal and then the crunch question comes-'how much do you top up by every month?' my answer: Oh, £10 lasts me about three months-they usually just cut me off then-how rude is that
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2009, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Most calls I get are from Mobile Phone Service Providers telling me how good a deal I can get from them. Sometimes I let them go on and on and agree with them that they can give me a good deal and then the crunch question comes-'how much do you top up by every month?' my answer: Oh, £10 lasts me about three months-they usually just cut me off then-how rude is that
That also happens to me as I only put about £10 on my phone twice a year as I only use it to let hubby know when I need picking up... The Indian call centres annoy me as you can never understand them at all..
Cant remember what it was for now but hubby had one last year and I know he can be a little irritating on the phone but this person said get stuffed and put the phone down on him ...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2009, 09:34 PM

We used to regularly get calls from people trying to offer us a will service...

I didn't like it at all, to me it made the whole important process seem cheap and tacky.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2009, 10:23 PM

I got a call saying I could clear my debts quicker....when I told them I had no debt, the phone went dead!!!!
Jackie
UK
Jackie is female  Jackie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2009, 09:21 AM

One of my pet hates.......most of the time, I dont give them the chance to speak, just put the phone down.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top