Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 10:37 PM

tripods

several different types for different uses but this is about this this one only

it is a primaphoto PHTR001 model and comes with a carry case as well

never heard of it? neither had I but have to say for under £50 with a detachable ball head not bad for the money

spec is

take up to 15lb (7kg) weight - height 60 inches (153cm) - min height 14 inches (36cm) and folds up as well with the legs going in reverse . So total height is length of centre column

In that photo I have had to get a thread reducing adapter nut which cost pence only

I did make up a wider supporting collar to help with adding a Velbon PH_358 fluid head from ebay for £20

So whole thing cost no more than about £70 if that, other similar cost double that

so why did I get it when I have other tripods?

Main answer is size when folded up on itself, it is light to carry

Folds up very small and with hook on bottom of centre column hold it down well with a weight ,ie camera bag.

Fluid head great for video panning work

Next the load it will accept . I have had my Nikon D800 and grip together with a Nikon 80-400mm lens and no downward creep.

finally it as you can see sits on a table top comfortably and the legs do spread out further.

So ok with my camcorder on top to me looks the business on a small scale.
Thinking now for use in a room and don't want to stand up all day.

Yes I know toys for boys and I am mad, but I enjoy my insanity
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 08:28 AM

Re: tripods

Looks like a good buy RS. I have a few tripods, but mainly use a monopod. Most used is a model which has a sphere on the top, and I screw a yellow cup into the base of the camera. To use, pop camera on top of ball and hold it on. Fast to use.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 09:19 AM

Re: tripods

Dobra
yes there are many different versions of camera supports, even bean bags.
Each has it use and too many to go into here

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top