Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 05:36 PM

Teaching your kid's right from wrong..I got it wrong.

I always believed in teaching my kid's right from wrong...I took that seriously, it was one of my main roles as a dad.

One was to teach them to walk away from trouble, don't become a victim, don't stand out from a crowd when trouble was brewing.

One exception being...if they saw somebody in desperate need of help....a female, a friend, family or the elderly.

If they had exhausted every option to avoid trouble and the only route was to meet violence with violence and to do anything they could to come out the winner....self-defence is your last option so make it count by any means necessary.

Last night made me think I'd got it wrong.

I got a call from my lad at about 0230 asking if I could pick him up urgently...he had been punched by a guy and there were 3 of them threatening him.

I got in the car and drove the short distance to the club....taking a mere 3 minutes.....only to find him outside, covered in blood.

He has a tooth missing, a broken nose, a wound to his head and lips split wide open.

His crime? guiding his friend away from these scum who had threatened his pal.

By all accounts the mouthpiece grabbed my son and dragged him through the emergency exit door.

My lad was doing well one on one until a pal of the attacker launched a ferocious volley kick to my son's head and face.

I got it wrong.....he should have taken advantage after the first punch....at least the security staff would have been on it in a flash....the whole situation could have easily been reversed giving him the upper-hand.

We found out quite quickly who the clowns are....now, what shall I do.....hmmmm
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 05:40 PM

Re: Teaching your kid's right from wrong..I got it wrong.

Terry I am so sorry to hear this and you are not wrong you have taught your son well but three against one ....
Press charges they have hurt you boy and thugs should not be allowed to get away with this behaviour.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 05:45 PM

Charges will be pressed.....though I don't think it'll(prosecution) happen.....they'll have their stories sorted and my lad will be the aggressor,

What goes around etc.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 05:45 PM

If it's any consolation I don't think you or your lad got it wrong ..

But there is a world of difference between instinct and 'doing the sensible thing'.
Don't ask me which is really the right thing to do or way to react when shoved into a dangerous situation not of your own making.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 05:49 PM

Hi

Wait a couple of months,even morons can do cause and effect.

Keep stum, make sure your car is nowhere near if they have an unfortunate accident and that your phone is being used somewhere else at the time.

Your son should be miles away, somewhere with a load of CCTV and using his debit card.

So I am told , I know nothing of such things.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 05:54 PM

So sorry to hear this but you did everything right as did he IMO you just can't assume others have the same dad though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 06:00 PM

Tpin, so sorry to hear this about your boy, that's terrible poor lad.
I do hope he recovers quickly.
Thank God he managed to phone you, else who knows how it might have ended.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 06:22 PM

Sorry to hear about Your Lad Terry and I hope He recovers well...What to do..hmm..do You both want justice or vengeance...vengeance or justice?.....think long and hard and I hope You come up with the right answer,xx
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Keep stum, make sure your car is nowhere near if they have an unfortunate accident and that your phone is being used somewhere else at the time.

Your son should be miles away, somewhere with a load of CCTV and using his debit card.

I see that as a perfectly reasonable option, bearing in mind that our judicial system so often favours the criminal in preference to the victim, and the police seem not to have the means or the wish to follow up such criminal activities as those your son suffered.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A man after my own heart.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top