Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 11:09 AM

That'll teach the cheeky begger!

Loved this story in the paper today:

It's enough to make anyone see red - a passenger on a busy train putting his BARE feet up on one of the THREE seats he's bagged.
But when fellow commuter David Buxton asked Andrew Dignan to put his feet down. he was told: "If you don't like it, move."

So Mr Buxton eventually took matters into his own hands - and threw one of Mr Dignan's shoes out of the train!.

The lunchtime service from Buxton to Manchester yesterday was said to be so busy that other passengers were forced to stand as Mr Dignan, 49, occupied three seats including an area earmarked for the disabled.

Mr Buxton said: During the journey I asked him three times to put his feet down, to which he replied. "I can do what I want. If you don't like it, go and sit somewhere else".
"At no point was a guard anywhere to be seen. Arriving at Manchester the carriage was full and with people standing he still had his bare feet on the seat, with his bag on the other seat.
"I decided to teach him a lesson and went over to him while he was putting his socks on. I told him what I thought of him and took one of his shoes off the train and dumped it on the platform. I've got no idea if he found it or not but I sure felt better for doing it"

Last night, Mr Dignan, of Disley, Stockport, said he had an upset stomach and swollen feet and decided to let them breathe.

Under the Railways Act 1889, it is a criminal offence to put your feet on a train seat by interfering with the comfort or convenience of fellow passengers.

unquote

If it was me, I would have thrown his shoe out of the train whilst it was moving!! I hate people like this Mr Dignan, who treats other passengers having to stand, with such rudeness and disdain, daring them to object and do something. Three cheers to Mr Buxton. But why, I ask myself, did all those other passengers do nothing, say nothing, and remain having to stand whilst this prat took up three seats???? Have men become mice as the years have progressed?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 11:19 AM

Re: That'll teach the cheeky begger!

I recently on a bus had to ask a woman to move her bag off the seat next to her , it seems some buy a ticket and think this means they can take up as many seats as they want , .
I dont know that men have become mice ,more a case of being on guard of the ones that take offence easily and draws a knife on them..
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 11:30 AM

Trouble is this sort of thing will carry on unless people get some backbone. I myself would have thrown more than his shoe off the train regardless of the consequences.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 12:31 PM

Hi

I would have just sat on his feet.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 12:49 PM

That tends to make them move swim, we had a moment few years ago now coming back from my husband's hospital stay, he really needed a seat and a man was spread across two, I asked nicely twice, third time I simply sat on him, he moved pretty fast then.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That tends to make them move swim, we had a moment few years ago now coming back from my husband's hospital stay, he really needed a seat and a man was spread across two, I asked nicely twice, third time I simply sat on him, he moved pretty fast then.
Oh dear, not sure what to say about that!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Oh dear, not sure what to say about that!
Well he said oooffffff big lady small man he didn't stand a chance
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 01:59 PM

Mr Buxton said: During the journey I asked him three times to put his feet down, to which he replied. "I can do what I want. If you don't like it, go and sit somewhere else".
"At no point was a guard anywhere to be seen. Arriving at Manchester the carriage was full and with people standing he still had his bare feet on the seat, with his bag on the other seat.
I would have been inclined to throw his bag and shoes out of the window and smiling sweetly said ''In that case I can do what I want to'
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 02:04 PM

I would have tickled his feet... he'd soon shift them!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I would have tickled his feet... he'd soon shift them!
...or fetched a pillow

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top