Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 07:11 PM

Do you want another section for 'discussions'?

Do you guys think we could do with another section for 'discussions'? (Which would go in between the general chat section and the debates section). Where you could post threads that are not quite debates, and not quite 'chat'?

Perhaps you could post stuff in there you think is a little more serious than just chat, but at the same time not a full on debate?

What do you think? I think it might be worth a shot
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 07:25 PM

Re: Do you want another section for 'discussions'?

Might be a good idea but then again you never know when a simple question is going to develop into something bigger.
chat bounces back & forth from funny to serious in a heart beat & the thread can get tangled or even off track- that's what makes it so much fun. Not to mention being a GREAT way to learn about folks.
Nice idea you have but my vote is no.
I do vote yes though for moving chat closer to top. lol
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 07:32 PM

It`s afine line between the three Azz, why not see how the debate section pans out for a while and see if the need for another section arises at some point?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 07:45 PM

I tend to agree with Plantman Azz - We are all adults, so lets see what happens. It might water general chat down to have both discussions and debate sections - one man's chat turns into a discussion another man's discussion he sees as a debate and yet another man's debate can become an argument.

I also agree with Dragon - "general chat" seems to have been sent to the back of the playing field and I think it must be the most used part of the forum - so I also think it deserves to be nearer the top along with debates.

BUT - you are the Boss Azz (creep creep)
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 08:39 PM

We could have so many choices eventually based on the same idea (General Chat), that we will spend more time wondering where to post it!!!!

I agree with dragon and Aerolor, communications in General Chat swing around from light-hearted to more serious, but this is no different to when having a general conversation with someone, you may start talking about nuclear science and end up discussing frogs! Then laugh about how you managed to make the transition!!

You have a Debates Section now (that was requested), and therefore can be reserved (again as requested) for purely more serious comment. Could we now leave the General Chat to develop as the Members so choose?

(Like most folk here (hopefully) I can manage to swap between having a giggle and yet respond seriously too)! Not Rocket Science is it???

Rainbow
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 08:51 PM

and so goes the rocket!!!!!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 09:05 PM

I think that a good suggestion, Azz.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:09 PM

I can see what you're saying guys - just think there is a 'void' at the moment. I know some people thought all the light hearted stuff was kind of 'taking over' (which is what you'd expect anyway - as there'll always be more light-hearted stuff to post ) so this way we could keep everyone happy:

General Chat
- For all light-hearted chat

Discussions
- For discussions

Debates
- For debates

We could drop the 'Morning' sub-section then and the morning posts could go either in discussions, or general chat.

Maybe we could try it for a few weeks to see how it goes?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:20 PM

Will this mean that there should be no light-hearted jesting or friendly tongue in cheek comments brought into the discussions and debates sections Azz?
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:44 PM

Is this Segregation???!!!

Which section will I be plonked in?

Not sectioned you understand? That is voluntarily in our unofficial Therapy Room (that you don't know about Azz)!!

Rainbow

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top