Join for free
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 09:21 AM

No thanks....

Your friendly local dentist...

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/artic...hout-any-human
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 09:24 AM

Re: No thanks....

I think that would put more people off going to the dentist
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 09:27 AM

I think it's an excellent idea. Dentists are so varied in their skills and some have really stupid ideas that cause irreparable damage and a great deal of pain and distress for patients. If they have something like this applying universal clinical standards then that can't be a bad thing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I think that would put more people off going to the dentist

I agree.
I certainly wouldn't go either.

First question I thought of was, you can tell the dentist to 'Stop' if he is hurting you, how would a robot know you were in pain, and to stop?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 11:52 AM

It would be monitoring your heartbeat and blood pressure
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree.
I certainly wouldn't go either.

First question I thought of was, you can tell the dentist to 'Stop' if he is hurting you, how would a robot know you were in pain, and to stop?
That reminds me Mups, not so long ago Mr Mags was having his teeth descaled and the dentist must have 'dug' down too deep under the gum. Mr Mags didn't just put up his hand to say it was painful, he automatically lashed out with his arm at the dentist!

If that had been the robot he would have smashed it to pieces on the floor
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 01:53 PM

Always remember the Bernard Manning gag...

Man in chair takes a firm grip on the dentists goolies and says..."Now we aren't going to hurt each other are we?"
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 06:43 PM

@ poohdog (and Bernard Manning)

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top