Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 08:11 AM

Shivering Saturday

Good morning everyone

Just back from Dylans morning walk which took a lot longer due to the frost.

Some of the gates on the Bridal path were frozen and we had to climb them, the sheep started to come to use as if they were expecting food and the crows were very restless and nosiey.

Plans for today, Doh!!! have to see what 'she who must be obeyed' has decided to do.

Have a great day everyone and spare a thought for the animals out in the cold, give them some food and place a bowl of water out for them.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 09:20 AM

Re: Shivering Saturday

Woke up at midnight with this blooming headache caused by an ongoing sinus problem this winter. There's a great deal of crunching/crackling at the base of the skull. I need to try & sleep more. Bye.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 10:46 AM

Good morning everyone from Sherwood, where it is overcast this morning but no frost for a change. After hound`s walk and coffee I might risk a spot of gardening. My better half seems to be eyeing up the pruners and loppers, which usually means clearing up duty for a while. Fillet steak and jacket spud for lunch and maybe a film or a snooze this afternoon, perfect day.
AB, what time do you start your day? I thought that I was an earlybird, but you are back from your walk and on the computer by 7.11am! Wow, respect....
Sorry to hear of your continued sinus problems Bob, that must be a real downer, hope that it improves soon!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:12 AM

Barry, my day starts when I get up around 5:30 these days. Cup of Coffee whilst getting ready to take Dylan for his morning walk, Breakfast ( Usually Egg,Bacon,Sausage,tomatoes,fried bread )when we return. After that our day really starts in earnest. Ends around 12:30am.

The longer you sleep the more you miss and the less you learn.
There are not enough hours in a day and besides you will get all the sleep you need when your dead.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Woke up at midnight with this blooming headache caused by an ongoing sinus problem this winter. There's a great deal of crunching/crackling at the base of the skull. I need to try & sleep more. Bye.
Bob my friend, try placing a dab of Vick's vapour rub around your nose and throat last thing at night and again first thing in the morning - might help disperse the congestion in your sinuses.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:33 AM

Antibrown matey, wheres, the black/white pudding, mushrooms and baked beans??? - can't have 'full English' without black/white pudding - just NOT DONE!!!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:55 AM

Good Morning AB and Everyone and hope you all enjoy a lovely day.

I never eat a breakfast except on Sundays - ham, egg and tattie scones!!

Hope your sinus trouble, Bob, clears up - nothing worse! Friar's Balsam in a bowl, boiling water, head over it and a towel over your head and take a few deep breaths!

Could hardly find this post this morning - getting bogged under the rest of those threads!

Enjoy your day everyone.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 02:23 PM

The sinus thing has been unique to this winter. Senior friends are suffering as well. I really have no congestion, in that I can breathe quite fine. It's all in the back of my head. That's why I need to start the humifier I bought a week or two ago. I've gotten lazy and pay the price when I awaken. As far as remedies the suggestion regarding Vick's Vapo-Rub is a good one. When I was a wee lad my mom used to smear Vivks under my nose and all over my chest if I had chest congestion. Hot tea with sugar and lemon will stop a caugh and open nose sinus passages as well. Good ideas folks. Thanks.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top