Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 02:36 PM

Odd Habits

While I've been thinking about the past, I remembered a lady, middle aged, who was the head of surgical goods at Boots when I was an apprentice dispenser.
She always ate her lunch in the ladies toilets, in a cubicle with the door shut.
Then, several years later, when I worked in the electronic stores in S. Africa, a mother and daughter who worked there did the same thing.
Have you come across anything like that?
Is it usual?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 02:41 PM

Re: Odd Habits

Agh, that's disgusting Tess. How can anyone do that. .
I'd rather starve than eat food in a toilet.

Makes me wonder what else they get up to at home . . .
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 03:24 PM

My daughter's father-in-law was widowed last year. He has set up an altar in his wardrobe with a chair, shelf and his wife's ashes. My daughter did stop him from having a candle in there, and bought him an electric 'candle'. He sits in there and talks to the ashes.

He also carries around a bag with five pairs of spectacles in it, one pair for reading, one for distance, one for driving (they have taken his car off him) and two pairs for ??? The thing is, he has no clue which are which, so has to try out all five pairs.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 03:31 PM

Yuk how horrible
I hesitate to use loos when away from home because of the germs, I defiantly wouldn't take food anywhere near one
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 03:37 PM

I live on a no through road on a lane that goes into the fields.
A lot of people don't realise there are any houses down here and I always feel safe.

One of my next door neighbours a couple the same age as myself keep their curtains drawn closed most of the time and the door locked and bolted. If I have to go round for any reason at any time of the day for example to take a parcel I can hear keys being turned and bolts being drawn. All a bit OTT.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 03:47 PM

Hi

Some years ago there was a married couple, both doctors, who used to dress up as Star Trek as soon as they got home.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Some years ago there was a married couple, both doctors, who used to dress up as Star Trek as soon as they got home.

You've made me feel guilty now - think I'll go and get my Superwoman outfit off again.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 12:04 AM

Oh heck ! There have been loads of local characters around this part of the world. Many from sad backgrounds I should imagine, but I believe most were treated with kindness.

There was Mad Mick, he used to walk up the road talking to himself and he was followed by a dog. And every so often he'd turn around and tell the dog to fook off and stop following him - even though it was his dog

"The Old English Gentleman", in Cleveland Street. Had an op on his throat which meant he couldn't swallow but he'd sit in the corner, get a pint and pour it down a funnel into a pipe which went up his nose and bypassed his mouth altogether, so he was mainlining direct to his stomach.

Then there was a chap near to me who would walk the streets ,hail rain or shine, picking up dog ends and always puffing away. Always had his nose pointing to the ground, always looked smart considering his life style and always walked between two points. the cemetery and the fire station. Back and forth, probably a couple of miles in distance and every day we'd see him. Someone offered him a packet of fags on one occasion, His reply, in his own words was....
"F*** Off, i don't smoke!"

I believe there was another from Liverpool city centre a few years ago. They called him Cherry Blossom , he was mostly bald and used black shoe polish on his head where he was bald.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 12:20 AM

Lol PD.

I don't know about people but this thread has made me think of our dog. He has all sorts of little quirky behaviours. One rather unappealing habit is to take a few bits of kibble into his mouth and then walk over to the doormat by the garden doors which he likes to lie on. He then lets the kibble drop out of his mouth and eats it bit by bit from the mat. This although anti-social doggy behaviour, is not so bad. It's when he is eating his regular dog food and does the same thing that I definitely wouldn't want any guests to see him.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 06:15 AM

A retired chap used to walk around the shopping centre dressed as a cowboy down to the last detail. With his face grooved like Sid James he made a fine subject for a photograph taken by a friend of mine.

A retired admiral in expensive blazer and slacks, drunk as a skunk after his wife divorced him. Usually sitting on a step....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top