Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 03:51 AM

CCTV - Safe or Intrusive?

Apparently there are over 4 million CCTV cameras in the UK.

Are you happy with being monitored? Does it feel sensible and safer?

Or do you feel they can be intrusive and a sense of 'Big Brother'?

Do you even notice them?!

Rainbow

PS. This could be considered a debate? But I would choose General Chat, so folk can reply with their serious opinions and/or any light-hearted comments too. (I can handle it, and hopefully those participating can too).
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 03:56 AM

Re: CCTV - Safe or Intrusive?

I don't mind CCTV, but I do not like them snooping on our emails and internet usage - that's going a bit too far imo.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I don't mind CCTV, but I do not like them snooping on our emails and internet usage - that's going a bit too far imo.

Do you think this spying is for advertising companies to hone in on any particular areas of our interests and send us their advertising splurge?

Or is it Government organised to keep a check if any of us are planning an uprising??!! (I'm probably high on their list)!

Strange too how we become accustomed to the CCTV in and around towns!

Rainbow
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Do you think this spying is for advertising companies to hone in on any particular areas of our interests and send us their advertising splurge?

Or is it Government organised to keep a check if any of us are planning an uprising??!! (I'm probably high on their list)!

Strange too how we become accustomed to the CCTV in and around towns!

Rainbow
Me too Rainbow darlin' - to the Revolution!!!!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 08:34 AM

I love the CCTV's it is great to check it the Town is packed and if we could shop quickly, they show you what the weather is like when your planning a trip out and the ones on the Motorways are a god send for checking and planning journeys.

People who are housebound can use them for exploring different parts of the country once they have found out there locations.

In my opinion they should put up more particulary in beauty spots so that everyone can see mother nature in all her glory.

I love them.
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:13 AM

Oh God! Uncle Joe has joined the fray!
We here in States have gotten used to them (more or less). They do show traffic hot spots, beach areas, etc. but having them all over the place wouldn't be good at all. Don't want Big Brother in my Bog!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:25 AM

According to an earlier posting, its not your 'bog' you have to worry about Dragon darlin' but the view at your front door.
Rainbow
Surrey UK

22-01-2011, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
According to an earlier posting, its not your 'bog' you have to worry about Dragon darlin' but the view at your front door.

(Just in case suggest we check under the seat) YIKES!!!

Rainbow
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:29 AM

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!
Very true "Joe" -very true!!!!!
But then again those cctv would spot a rolling head, that is of course it hasn't reached your dinner plate. LOL
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

22-01-2011, 11:44 AM

Not enough nourishment in brains, I prefer Liver(& onions), stuffed hearts or (devilled) Kidneys!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top