Join for free
Roger Parker
New Member!
Oxford, UK
Roger Parker is male 

21-01-2011, 08:47 PM

Seventy coming up!

Hi, all of you out there who are still coming to that point in life where the kids are grown up, have left home, have kids of their own, and only phone when they need some sort of help.
I always worry about them, and then begin to maybe think "Everything must be OK" and "If they need me, they'll phone". As soon as I relax, the phone rings!
"Dad, my car won't start!" Any frosty morning, still dark, that can happen. Why don't they buy themselves a set of jump leads?
"Dad, could you pick up the grandchildren from school today? I can't get there in time. Just give them a meal, and drop them off at home after five pm!" Easy, so long as I have a working car, and something in the 'fridge to feed them with! I tell you now; don't think that because they no longer live under your roof, you can leave them to look after themselves! I'm glad I have my funeral paid for in advance!
romfty
spain
romfty is male 

21-01-2011, 08:54 PM

Re: Seventy coming up!

You are right Roger, I live in Spain and worry about my brood in the UK.........they can handle 2010 technology, face book and twidder, twitter or whatever...but pick up an old fashioned phone to say hello.........I thought it was me?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2011, 08:58 PM

You'll have to get an iPhone 4 and facetime them (video call)

Although you can do the same through Skype if you have a web camera.
Roger Parker
New Member!
Oxford, UK
Roger Parker is male 

21-01-2011, 09:00 PM

All my kids, and several of the grandchildren, have their own cell phones as well as land lines. They all have home computers, as I do. The grandchildren mainly use the computers to play games, but I get the occasional "E"-mail from grand-daughters, asking questions they need answers for, so they can hand in homework the following morning. If I had really WANTED to be a teacher, I wouldn't have gone into engineering in a car production factory! I love them all, and I wouldn't honestly change anything, but it isn't how I envisioned things being after I retired!
Roger Parker
New Member!
Oxford, UK
Roger Parker is male 

21-01-2011, 09:05 PM

I have "Skype" and a digital camera mounted on top of the monitor. I just don't use it!
romfty
spain
romfty is male 

21-01-2011, 09:07 PM

We'll have to start a skype club, I use mine every day to talk to folk back in the uk.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2011, 09:09 PM

I have skype.... but no webcam

Do have an iPhone 4 tho lol
Roger Parker
New Member!
Oxford, UK
Roger Parker is male 

21-01-2011, 09:09 PM

I'll have to recommission the "skype" set up. I let it die when I no longer contacted my cousins in USA. I have the camera to mount on top of the monitor sitting beside me at the moment. I'll try to set things up again.
Roger Parker
New Member!
Oxford, UK
Roger Parker is male 

21-01-2011, 09:10 PM

I don't have Iphone, unfortunately.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top