Join for free
Feey
Ireland
Feey is male  Feey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 08:52 AM

Worlds oldest person dies

The oldest person in the world, Violent Brown, has died at the age of 117.

Mrs Brown was born on March 10, 1900, just a few miles from her fellow Jamaican Usain Bolt.

She was the first ever verified supercentenarian from Jamaica - and the oldest verified Jamaican person ever.

Mrs Brown was born when Jamaica was a part of the British Empire, making her the last living former subject of Queen Victoria who died in January 1901.

Prime Minister of Jamaica Andrew Holness revealed she had died on Friday night, tweeting: "Our oldest person in the world Mrs. Violet Mosse-Brown has died.

"She was 117 years old. Rest In Peace Mrs Mosse-Brown"

It also reported last May that her 96-year-old son, Harold Fairweather, is widely believed to be the oldest person with a living parent.

Mrs Brown took over the title of the oldest living woman in the world from Emma Morano - who died aged 117 years and 137 days.

She put her longevity down to eating three eggs a day - one cooked and two raw eggs every day since the age of 20 after a doctor diagnosed her with anemia.

Emma was also the last surviving person in the world born in the 1800s - and credited eating small amounts of minced meat and only having milk for supper for helping her live longer.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 09:47 AM

Re: Worlds oldest person dies

What a age to live to , So many changes she had seen ,not wanting to live to that age myself I do wonder why some do , I dont see it being the diet , more the Genes .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 09:55 AM

Can you imagine just about everyone who was dear to you gone? I would hate that. She has a son aged 96 who is still alive though so yes I agree it must be in the genes
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 12:29 PM

I wouldn't want to live to that age, I would imagine you would be very, very limited in what you could do. I would hate to have to rely on someome else to do this, that and the other for me.

I would problably sit in the chair wondering why the Grim Reaper had overlooked me
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 12:33 PM

I agree with Mags, I would not want to live to that age.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 12:34 PM

Yet, l would love to live that long!
I love life and try to savour every precious minute. You only have one life! (I think!)
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 07:57 PM

There are many centenarians in the Caribbean genetics apart from that are some other common denominators .Usually the people are poor have had a mainly vegetable diet and done hard physical work and lots of walking when young.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2017, 12:40 AM

I'd guess her long life was down to wonderful Jamaican sweet bread, Rum and............voodoo.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2017, 08:28 AM

Seems fair to me. Perhaps it should be the law that people have to die in order of age.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2017, 08:43 AM

Living on a Bus Route, can be life limiting, don't matter where your Genes came from.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top