Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 04:55 PM

Fostering

My partner and myself are seriously considering fostering a young child as we now have plenty of spare time available we have chatted to the people in charge. Just waiting for the paperwork to arrive now. We know its a big decision but we just feel it would be nice to help some young child.
Have any of you fostered or indeed do foster now? It would be good to hear from you if you do.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 06:50 PM

Re: Fostering

No, I haven't fostered Doc, but I think it really is a wonderful thing to do.
I do know people that have fostered, and they found it very rewarding, as I am sure you will. Bless you both for giving your love to a little one that needs it.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 06:54 PM

My friend fosters two teenage sisters. She has had them for about 6 years now and has transformed them and their lives. They are a credit to her as they came from a very large, dysfunctional family. 7 went into foster care and the baby was adopted.

My friend is a lovely person and her 3 kids had all left home when she started fostering. I provided a reference for her when she went into fostering as I knew she would make a great job.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 07:08 PM

It's a phenomenal life-changing experience for everyone involved, Doc! My children are adopted and I went through fostering (including a six-week training program). Like all parenting - which is what it truly is - there are ups and downs and a huge committment, but what you give and get back in return is immeasurable. You would be giving a child or children some stability, security, and peace that they probably haven't known in years, if at all, and giving them the priceless gift of a normal future. Do you have any questions?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 07:46 PM

My Mum fostered a girl of 14, I was about 11.

She's my big sis and her kids call me uncle.

Fostering can be very rewarding.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 07:46 PM

I did foster for a short time many years ago.I found it alright except the childs Mother had acess to sse him when she wished and I wasnt too happy to have her visit , he was only a baby and there was no where for her to take him, so I feelt obliged to have her sit in my house and offer her tea. Another time I cared for a friends 1 year old son while she was in Hospital for a few weeks
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 09:30 PM

I've been family fostering for years they became like my children its gone on so long. The change you can make in a young life is profound and makes any hiccoughs well worth it.

Adoption for us next grace will become ours very soon.

Keeps us thinking young. We are oldest mum and dad at school gate but that doesn't seem to bother her at all.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 08:34 AM

Nice one doc , good luck to you both . Certainly a worthwhile cause to give youngsters a good start in life .
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 10:28 AM

Done it once, wouldn't do it again - too much of a commitment.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 10:48 AM

If i were younger I might do it too, I adore having kids around and I must admit the thought of being able to impact on a child's life positively really appeals to me. Go for it Doc just make sure you both understand its total commitment

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top