Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 11:24 AM

No wonder the Finnish people like Spain!

I knew Finland was expensive, but the price of this chair is way over the top, even with 15% off and free delivery to Spain.

https://www.finnishdesignshop.com/fu...classic-is-544
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 12:00 PM

Re: No wonder the Finnish people like Spain!

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I knew Finland was expensive, but the price of this chair is way over the top, even with 15% off and free delivery to Spain.

https://www.finnishdesignshop.com/fu...classic-is-544

These are not 'new' - there's a mansion t'other side of the Downs from me. The owner had a whole suite of them (4) installed in his reception room. The chairs were leather inside. This was some 40 odd years ago.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 12:13 PM

This is a replica ball chair based on the chair featured in The Prisoner.

The original Ball Chair was designed by Eero Aarnio and it is now acknowledged as a modern design classic. The Finnish designer was born in 1932 and studied from 1954 to 1957 at the Institute of Industrial Arts in Helsinki. In 1962 he established his own design office. The Ball Chair (or globe chair) was designed in 1963 and went into production a few years later.

It was used by Number Two in The Prisoner series (a black ball with blue upholstery).

The fibreglass ball is built on a metal swivelling base, upholstered with foam / fibrefill and finished in wool. Sitting in this chair is a special experience; all surrounding sounds are softened down, and it gives a certain feeling of privacy.

Original Eero Aarnio fiberglass Chairs are still made in Finland and retail in the UK at over £6,500.00.

We can offer these at a special price of £395.00 inclusive of VAT. UK Delivery £25.00 by courier
For international delivery of the chair, please email us for more information at info@portmeiriononline.co.uk

The nasty Derren Nesbit, the lovely Wanda Ventham and Mark Eden (?) .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 01:02 PM

It's not even attractive nor would it go through my hallway so not tempted at all .
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 02:39 PM

Thank you Omah, that is interesting. I have seen this kind of chair before, but I had no idea anyone would pay such a price for one, I certainly wouldn't.

I'm not tempted either Julie, although I think little ChoCho might like one to hide away in.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

14-09-2017, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
These are not 'new' - there's a mansion t'other side of the Downs from me. The owner had a whole suite of them (4) installed in his reception room. The chairs were leather inside. This was some 40 odd years ago.
It does say in the "blurb" that the chair is based on the design of Eero Aarnio, a Finnish designer, born in the 1930s.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
It does say in the "blurb" that the chair is based on the design of Eero Aarnio, a Finnish designer, born in the 1930s.

I'm not challenging the design or the designer per se, merely pointing out that I saw (and sat in) a whole suite of these some 40 odd years ago and therefore to that extent the design isn't new.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 04:28 PM

I'm not challenging the design or the designer per se, merely pointing out that I saw (and sat in) a whole suite of these some 40 odd years ago and therefore to that extent the design isn't new.
Maybe they were reproductions ..... 4 (copies) for a tenth of the price of one (original) .....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

14-09-2017, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Maybe they were reproductions ..... 4 (copies) for a tenth of the price of one (original) .....

I hardly think so from where they were sited inside a mansion in 100 acres of grounds with pheasants in the hedges. The man I had to meet wasn't short of a few £million.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

14-09-2017, 06:02 PM

I hardly think so from where they were sited inside a mansion in 100 acres of grounds with pheasants in the hedges. The man I had to meet wasn't short of a few £million.
In that case, they were probably the real thing .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top