Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2011, 03:00 PM

Is there intelligent life on OFF

I`m beginning to wonder.
ATM it`s worse than bus queue.

How can we raise the level? Do we even want to? Is this what people want?
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2011, 03:22 PM

Re: Is there intelligent life on OFF

What is "OFF" ?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2011, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
I`m beginning to wonder.
ATM it`s worse than bus queue.

How can we raise the level? Do we even want to? Is this what people want?
Perhaps we could ask Azz for a "Debate Zone" where deeper, more interesting subjects can be tackled? I agree that some of the conversations in General Chat are ultra lightweight at the moment and "bus queue" is quite an apt analogy.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by dragon ->
What is "OFF" ?
Over Fifties Forum?
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2011, 03:32 PM

Sometimes being light hearted & having a fun banter is just what is needed at times. No disrespect to any one here.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2011, 06:04 PM

I think there should be room for everything - so long as people play nicely

Debates section could be good - that way only the people interested in them can visit the section
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2011, 06:47 PM

If every reply is banter you never get to know the person. That`s what I`m struggling with, I think.
On Dogsey I have shared tears and joys and made friends. I don`t feel I know anyone here.
Perhaps that`s not what people are looking for. Perhaps I`m out of step.
FayRose
Devon, UK
FayRose is female  FayRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2011, 06:50 PM

I suppose it depends on what the forum was set up for. Was it as a serious debating forum for the elderly (OFs) or as a fun thing/time waster/distraction for those of us with enough to worry about and just looking for a bit of harmless fun and distraction?

I dunno, do you?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

21-01-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by FayRose ->
I suppose it depends on what the forum was set up for. Was it as a serious debating forum for the elderly (OFs) or as a fun thing/time waster/distraction for those of us with enough to worry about and just looking for a bit of harmless fun and distraction?

I dunno, do you?
Isn`t there space for both? I`m sure that we all enjoy the banter on here, just as we do with our non virtual friends, but even with non virtual friends we sometimes discuss topical matters don`t we?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I think there should be room for everything - so long as people play nicely

Debates section could be good - that way only the people interested in them can visit the section
Some People love debates so why not have a special section for them. I got sick of the debating thing, they get far to heated for my liking and they usually end up with People falling out with each other rather than making friends, you see it on the bigger forums, it becomes a shouting match and can get real nasty. Thats my tuppence worth on the subject.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top