Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2011, 08:29 PM

Good at Directions?

Are you someone who can be taken somewhere just once, and then reasonably easily find your way again on your own?

Or do you find it a tadge difficult getting to the end of your road?

I have been told that I could not find my way out of an empty room!!

Rainbow
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2011, 08:33 PM

Re: Good at Directions?

Yes Rainbow, am one of those who can find my way around very quickly. Haven't been there in many years, but still know my way around Moscow, Berlin, Prague, Budapest, Luxor, Aswan etc, etc.
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2011, 08:44 PM

I too, can get back to locations.
Put me in middle of woods with a compass & soon be home.
Love maps too.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2011, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes Rainbow, am one of those who can find my way around very quickly. Haven't been there in many years, but still know my way around Moscow, Berlin, Prague, Budapest, Luxor, Aswan etc, etc.

Considering I was only thinking in someone's own Country - that is rather impressive!

I only get to those places, because the Pilot knows the way!!

You may have even invented the SAT NAV for folk like me!

Rainbow
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2011, 08:48 PM

Sat Nav is great IF you know how to use it! I just happen to know how but prefere compass & or map.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2011, 09:04 PM

I have a fairly good sense of direction and can ususally find my way again if I have been once. I like to pick out landmarks and remember them to help me, whether I am driving or not. I can usually work out if I am going N.S.E. or West. I don't trust satnavs completely, although I do have one built into the car and sometimes use it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2011, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by dragon ->
Sat Nav is great IF you know how to use it! I just happen to know how but prefere compass & or map.
Me too Dragon, plus I also utilise famous landmarks as a reference point.
dragon
florida, usa

20-01-2011, 10:21 PM

famous landmarks are at bit on the lean side in the woods. LOL
A large tree has a habit of rotting away. lol
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

20-01-2011, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by dragon ->
famous landmarks are at bit on the lean side in the woods. LOL
A large tree has a habit of rotting away. lol
I see 'our' Dragon is 'away to the woods'
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2011, 10:34 PM

The art of direction finding is to take note of all the pubs, then if your lost just stop any chap and ask him where such a pub is and shazam, your there.

I have always had a great sense of direction. The sun, stars, wind, rivers can all tell you which direction you are heading in.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top