Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 03:27 PM

Where do you see yourself in 10 years' time?

Not geographically, but have you thought about your own personal future? If you're 60 now, for instance, what do you think you'll be doing when you're 70, or where/how would you like to be placed in the scheme of things?

Personally speaking from a financial point of view, I'm definitely going to get off the night shift at 55 moving back into a more healthy day time environment. This is also to look after my wife who is 10 years older than myself. I don’t want her to be alone at night at aged 65+ while I’m at work. The extra pay is not a priority there. I’m also hoping to go part-time at 60 with everything on course (any debts, a loan etc) to being paid off at age 55. I have already settled the mortgage a couple of years back. I'll get an RAF pension at 60 too and by 65 I'll hopefully be in a position pack in work altogether.

Health-wise, I'll be 62 in 10 years’ time, unless something nasty or freaky happens.
Right now arthritis is setting into both my knees but although it's irreversible it doesn't appear to be worsening. If I'm able to keep on exercising to a realistic standard, I should keep that particular hindrance under control. Otherwise it's the general stuff like watching the belly and keeping as active as possible into the Autumn years.

There's folk who are happy being on their own in this world, preferring to amass huge amounts of money to squander on expensive toys like powerful cars and Rolex's and wallowing in the often smug arrogance than can sometimes go with all that selfish greed, but for me personally there's nothing I'm enjoying more at the moment than watching my grandkids grow up. It's very nice to have material objects but true happiness always comes from being part of a family, or at least in a long-standing relationship as a couple. Again, each to their own of course though.

So do you have any thoughts of your furture or is it a case of getting through each day as it comes?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 03:32 PM

Re: Where do you see yourself in 10 years' time?

Probably underground.
Doesn't really bother me before anyone says I'm been miserable.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 03:34 PM

I'll probably be pan bread (dead) and My ashes will have settled peacefully on the bottom of Loch Lomond..or...I'll still be doing what I'm doing now on here as an older Auld Fart
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 03:35 PM

In ten years I will be approaching 80 ...
so dead probably.....

I am taking some horrid medication so if a medical condition doesn't get me the medication might..
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Probably underground.
Doesn't really bother me before anyone says I'm been miserable.
Ditto Morti.
Either that or does anyone know what the food is like in care homes homes nowadays?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 03:36 PM

Like Mort & May, very likely crisped.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I'll probably be pan bread (dead) and My ashes will have settled peacefully on the bottom of Loch Lomond..or...I'll still be doing what I'm doing now on here as an older Auld Fart
I thought there was a smell something!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Ditto Morti.
Either that or does anyone know what the food is like in care homes homes nowadays?
Awful but don't let that worry you, your teeth will probably restrict what you can eat anyway
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 03:40 PM

Mmmmm now I'm thinking , I imagine I will have left the planet , I'm still thinking , mmmmm yep reckon I will have done .

Can't think of anything else you see I feel I've been there , done that and got the tee shirt . Think I definitely will have had enough in 10 years .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Awful but don't let that worry you, your teeth will probably restrict what you can eat anyway
Ah .. so the ideal method of nourishment intake is a tube in one end .. and a tube out the other.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top